Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Hello There! (Read 189 times)

Hi all, I'm a brand spanking new runner. I am currently in week 9 of the C25K and I'm now planning to move on to the OHR when I finish C25K (2 runs left). I was a total running virgin before I started C25K and I'm constantly amazing at the amount of love I'm feeling for running now. I have a lot of weight to lose so that was part of my motivation for running but I feel like I'm getting so much more out of it. Running for an hour sounds pretty hardcore to me right about now but I know I felt that way about running for 30 minutes just 8 weeks ago.
    The Graduates - a community of post C25K runners!

Started Running 21 April 2008

2008 Running Goals
    • Finish C25K 22 Jun 2008
    • Run 5K 43:29 29 Jun 2008
    • Complete a 10K fun run
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome! I saw your post out on the main bard. Congrats on finishing the program and good luck as you move into the OHR. I'm curious (and jealous) what job you got that'll have you out hiking in the woods all day. What is it?

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ah. Correction. There seem to be two "weelittleme" new users who just finished the C25K program. Or do you have 2 accounts? Welcome anyway, and don't be shy!

Hi there Wingz, They are both me. I signed up with weelittleme and then last night tried for two hours to get back on. I must have had a typo in the email address. RunningAhead won't let me sign in with my email or any variation of it and then when I tried to create an account it tells me the name is taken.. arrghghgh. Oh well I made a new account and that seems to be working well. About the job. I am a biologist. I do the field portion of the research for my PhD 5 months of the year living on an uninhabited island in the rainforest. I basically chase birds around all day in the rain/mud. It's awesome but pretty hard work at the same time and 5 months in a tent without electricity or running water is, um, let's say different and not really everyone's cup of tea.

2008 Running Goals
          • Complete a 10K fun run
          theyapper

On the road again...

Hey wee_little-me! Are you Tom Hanks?? Big grin Congrats on doing the C25K.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

There's a "feedback" button at the bottom-right of most pages on RA. Clicking on it will give you a form that will email directly to the site's owner, Eric Yee. If you still want your original name, why not tell him of your problem? He can get you straightened out. Big grin That does sound like an interesting job. Once upon a time I thought I wanted to be a wildlife biologist. Graduated with a bachelor's in biology, thinking that I was going to do this. Then saw and talked to several people working for the US Forest service, and talked with them about what they were doing (counting snails, catching and killing cowbirds, etc) and I decided I couldn't hack it. Sheesh. Wish I had found that out earlier! Roll eyes Good luck with both your running and your hiking!

Thanks for the advice, I sent a comment in and will see what happens and if they can help. LOL to the Tom Hanks thing. It feels a bit like that crossed with survivor some times... only colder a lot colder. I'm involved in conservation research that doesn't involve killing anything thankfully. But it a lot more tedious than a lot of my non biologist friends usually think good that you discovered the parts you didn't like before you got too far into it. Sure beats an office job though. Wink

2008 Running Goals
                • Complete a 10K fun run