Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 6/19-6/25 (Read 368 times)

Ran W9D3 on the trail with the dog this rainy  morning.  Decided to slow way down and extend it out to 4 miles.  It was a fun run and the dog didn't lag behind!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have fun running this week!  Smile

theyapper

On the road again...

So....that was your final run of the C25K program, right?

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

In the hopes of inspiring others to contribute to this thread I offer the following.  What do you hope to accomplish running-wise this year?  For myself I hope to complete a 10K without walking.

theyapper66 - Thanks for asking and yes, I have completed C25K!  At this point I plan to continue the slow accumulation of mileage and painfully slow removal of molecules from the bottoms of my shoes.  Smile 

Congratulations, ChupChup!  Big grin

Michele in NC

theyapper

On the road again...

Chup - I found that having a plan helped me a lot after I finished C25K and ran my first 5K.  One Hour Runner seemed like a logical next step and worked like a charm for me.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Ran W9D3 on the trail with the dog this rainy  morning.  Decided to slow way down and extend it out to 4 miles.  It was a fun run and the dog didn't lag behind!  I hope everyone had a great weekend and will have fun running this week!  Smile

Great job ChupChup!  

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Giant Flaming Dork

Good Job ChupChup

W1D3 up for me tomorrow.  It's harder than I thought to fit running back into my schedule.

http://xkcd.com/621/

Good Job ChupChup

W1D3 up for me tomorrow.  It's harder than I thought to fit running back into my schedule.

Though you didn't ask for it, here's my experience.  In order to fit running into my work and family life I found that there were two key points.  I made running a priority and I shot for a 90% solution.  By priority I mean that I planned so that I could be successful.  I laid out my running clothes and shoes before I went to bed.  I went to sleep early.  I exercised early so that unexpected kids' dental appointments and ball games wouldn't preempt my workout.  By 90% solution I mean that I tried to maintain some flexibility.  Despite my best plans sometimes things just don't work out the way I expected and so I figured that about one run every two or three weeks was going to have to move to a different time or day and that was okay.  After all the goal is to establish the running habit (with low risk of injury).  Your mileage may vary, but I bet these two ideas could help you as well.  Good luck tomorrow and happy running!

W4D3 defeated!  I was cruisin' today.  Went .08 miles further than day 2.  

On a side note, since I started c25k (and eating a little better), I'm down 7.5 pounds.

W5 starts Thursday.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DigitalFirefly - Nice job on W4 and way to go on the weight loss!   0.08 miles is pretty precise.  Do you have a Garmin?  I've sometimes been using http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/ which seems to be fairly accurate and I've been happy with it, but I don't know if accounts for elevation changes.  Good luck with W5!  Cool

yeah I got a Garmin 305.  

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Sorry for being absent of late... not getting the personal keyboard time I thought I would once I retired...sigh

CONGRATULATIONS on completing C25K! ChupChup! Awesome accomplishment! I used Galloway to extend C25K w/o injury and have since migrated to low heart rate approach so I can run/jog 6-7x/week w/o injury.

Girmann: good job on getting W1D3 completed. ChupChup has some good advice above for fitting the running in. Have you given it a try?

DigitalFirefly: awesome finish of W4! I need to take some weight loss hints from you! Have been eating to much since moving to Austin!

bob e v
                          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I'm sitting at my desk at work, dying to get outside and run.  This last 2 hours is dragging.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

*sorry, it double posted.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

I'm sitting at my desk at work, dying to get outside and run.  This last 2 hours is dragging.

You might be a runner when ...  Smile  Have fun hitting the road!