Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week 1 Day 1 (Read 405 times)

Roses Revenge

I made it through the first workout yesterday - although I actually was out for almost 45 minutes total. Looking at my work schedule and other obligations this week, I have a hunch I'm going to be stuck on Week 1 for more than a week. We'll see how it goes.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Wingz

Professional Noob

Nothin' wrong with being "stuck" on a week for more than one week. That happens to almost everybody. Welcome to C25K!

Roads were made for journeys...

Roses Revenge

Nothin' wrong with being "stuck" on a week for more than one week. That happens to almost everybody. Welcome to C25K!
        Thanks! The real problem for me is my work schedule as I work for a tax prep service. I'm supposed to be off at 5 PM on Mondays and Wednesdays and at noon on Fridays and since it's getting lighter out in the evenings, that should work out fine. So this week, I didn't get out of work on Monday until 6:30 and tonight I have a meeting after work. Friday I have appointments in the afternoon - doctor and oil change for the car and then meeting friends at 5:30 so it's going to be a challenge to get out at all before Sunday. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm scheduled to work until 7 Pm or later and I'm working all day most Saturdays for at least a few more weeks. Good money for a part time seasonal job and I enjoy it, but it sure cuts into my time to do other things.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

David44

The real problem for me is my work schedule
          I am viewing this as my big obstacle this week as well. I am doing week 1 for the second time Wink but I work 12 hour days for 5 of the next 6 days. And it just so happens that 3 of those 5 days are my running days. But if you can push yourself to get it done on the tough days, I figure it will be that much easier to do on a normal day...
          Goals: Complete Couch to 5k Lose 30lbs Be ready for a 3 day 30 mile hike with a 30lb pack in Glacier NP this August
            Hi Roses. I see you too are doing C25K. Are you working it around your other walking/running like I am? I have just finished doing week 3 for the 2nd time, and plan to do the week 3 routine one or two more days. I see progress, but three minutes didn't come easy to me. I'm better, though. BTW, I saw a bob cat on my run yesterday. Think I will check out your log and see what you are up to. Woods Lady

Baby bean!

Hi Roses! Good for you for starting. If your work schedule is interfering, don't let it bog you down. It's a temporary glitch and yes, it might mean repeating days. But that's okay. It'll make you stronger!

Goals:
              Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.