Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week 3/8/09 - 3/14/09 (Read 162 times)

Updates? W4D1 yesterday.
    2009 Goals finish C25K - April 2009 first 5K: Miles for Smiles 5K May 2, 2009 compete in at least 4 5K's for the year.
      I havent been running in a while because I keep getting some crappy chest thing and i start hacking 2 minutes into the runs but I am finally over it and went with 90 second runs / 2 minute walks (w2) for 2.39 miles. I stretched it out from 30 minutes because I really wanted to see 2 miles (i run on a dreadmill and run pretty slow - 4.0 mph runs and 2.5mph walks) so with my 5 minute warm up and cool down the total was 46 minutes 30 seconds. But i feel great I am extremely happy to be back at it.
        W4D1 yesterday for me as well, and I switched to going by distance instead of time..... Shocked Wow did that kick my ass. Here's hoping D2 goes better.
        2009 Goals:
        PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
        Run a 10K
        Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
        Complete my first Sprint Tri
          3/11/09 = W4D2
          2009 Goals finish C25K - April 2009 first 5K: Miles for Smiles 5K May 2, 2009 compete in at least 4 5K's for the year.

Baby bean!

W4D1 yesterday for me as well, and I switched to going by distance instead of time..... Shocked Wow did that kick my ass. Here's hoping D2 goes better.
            Stupid question but I was thinking this time doing distance, not time. But I'm clueless how to measure it. I'm running on the road, not the treadmill. Edited: I mean for the early weeks when you run in yards, not miles. Blush

Goals:
            Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

I use the TM, but I suppose on the road you could drive it in your car--your odometer will give you tenths of a mile anyway, that should bring you close to the recommended distances. Assuming there are some landmarks at each tenth of a mile. If you're running in rural areas you could paint some sticks and put them in the ground at tenth-mile intervals. Or maybe one of those fancy garmin forerunners would give you distance in yards, I'm not sure I don't have one.
              2009 Goals:
              PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
              Run a 10K
              Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
              Complete my first Sprint Tri