Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

counting/not counting walk miles (Read 420 times)

My running partner!

lynne: congrats on not smoking! Great job! You will be ready for your 5k - just keephl your goal in mind, it makes training easier. I am also an x-smoker - 21 days today! I just finished the c25k and am running a race in a month. Runnin: it doesn't matter what the speed is as long as you are moving. I started out at 4.6mph and am up to 5.0mph but it's hard. I am 33, 3 kids and don't give out my weight! Wink
    Kat
    obiebyke

Tracey-- They're right. Speed doesn't matter. If you didn't notice, I may have been running faster than you, but I injured myself! Don't be like me!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Thanks for all the encouragment, guys, and as it goes, I have a much better attitude today Big grin I couldn't even finish my run today, after having completed the same one the last three workouts, and I'm pretty frustrated about that, but you are all right. I've come a long way from being totally non-athletic and my hubby and kids joking with me about how I run around the bases for family games to being a runner! I've always pushed myself at whatever I'm doing, so I think there's a life lesson to be learned here, too Roll eyes I have a very difficult time setting small, attainable goals. To you former smokers, I absolutely praise you for quitting! I have seen the struggle that it is for my parents, and I know it is truly an accomplishment to stay quit Smile Thanks again.
        Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
        quagga

I have a very difficult time setting small, attainable goals.
          My goal right now is simply to run my scheduled workout tonight. I don't want to repeat the pattern of last week's skipped workouts.

skinnycaponesugar

I am 36y0, have 2 littlies and haven't had a g00d night sleep in 6 years Embarrassed . I'm als0 0n the heavy end 0f the "n0rmal" weight f0r my height...I d0 n0t kn0w if I run fast 0r sl0w and I d0n't care at this p0int, anything is healthier than the c0uch! Back 0n week 4 I was feeling a bit s0rry f0r my self as I struggled t0 c0mplete my run. An 0bvi0usly experienced runner headed in my directi0n, he was fast and fit. I felt anything but...s0 I just l00ked d0wn and kept g0ing. Again later 0n I saw the same runner c0ming up the hill at me, while I sl0wly kept g0ing. This time I l00ked at his face, he smiled big and gave me the vict0ry sign Big grin That's when I g0t these tw0 things: 1.even the m0st experience runner started s0mewhere, we are just them years ag0!! 2. there is a fair am0unt 0f eff0rt at any level f0r each individual runner, even f0r that runner wh0 t00k 10 sec0nds 0f his run t0 inspire me and wh0se gesture help me finish up my run... Srry my 0 is brken Blush

Love, Run, Sleep

quagga

That's a great post, Chickadee! Aren't you glad you looked up on the way back? I'll admit, though, that I still feel kind of shy when I pass more experienced runners. I hope your "o" gets fixed soon!

skinnycaponesugar

Oh by the way, I count everything that happens from the time I step off my driveway. I think doing it that way, I can compare apples to apples. It is the way I've done it from day one of C25K. Once I finish I might change to counting only the running part, but for now, I want to keep it all the same... Smile

Love, Run, Sleep

So in short, whats the best way to log C25K workouts if you are going by time and not distance?
                  Wingz

Professional Noob

So in short, whats the best way to log C25K workouts if you are going by time and not distance?
                    I think it's a matter of preference. You don't HAVE to log distance if you don't want to. The log here on RA wants either distance or time and currently doesn't let you put in a run without one or the other. I like to log both because that way I can see my pace changing over time as well.

Roads were made for journeys...