Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Another Newer Runner (Read 192 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Hey All! I'm currently stalled between week one and two until I get a new pair of shoes this week. I'm just getting back into running after some time away (including having two kids). I hadn't realized quite how beat up my shoes are. This week, I'll be back running, I hope. Trip out to get shoes is on the to do list. Anyone else on the starter end of this or am I hopelessly behind all of you on my own little path? Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Welcome!! Glad youre getting some new shoes...they really help! How old are your kiddos? I'm not sure if we have anyone else that early in the program but take heart in the fact people are ahead of you so you know its doable and theres people who have done it questions Wink I'm on the last week but it really feels like just last week I started lol.
      Yelie
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Meg! People keep joining, so the fact that you happen to be the new kid on the block doesn't mean you're "behind" or anything. This is an ongoing support group! Welcome! (TracyBond stopped in a bit ago, and they were on week 1, but I've not heard back lately...) I'm putting your name on the chart on our home page. Check in on our weekly threads to update what week you are on there and to chat with us! Congratulations on your decision to start running again! Big grin -Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Thanks! I'm looking at this as a challenge for me. There's a 5K near me in mid-June that I'm half interested in (not sure how ready I'll be by then) and a 5K in September that I do want to sign up for. I just went and played in my training log. I'm not quite sure if I've done it right, but some of my info is in there. My dear husband is taking me shopping when he gets back from work for my late Mother's Day gift: a new pair of running shoes. He's really supportive of me getting back into running. Something for me! (My son had his fourth birthday last month and my daughter is coming up on 14 months at the end of this month. I've done yoga, but almost no running since I've been a Mom.)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Welcome, Meg. One of the nice things about this thread is we can help you along as you start, but you will also be able to help others in the future. Just a suggestion - make sure you get fit for shoes at a running store that can determine what kind of shoe you need. Having the right shoes will help prevent injury - especially as you are starting out.
            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

WohooooO! I have new shoes! I went to The Running Room, had a gait analysis done, tried a few pairs in different brands and brought home a pair of Asics Gel 1130. http://www.shop.runningroom.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=&products_id=3274 They are very comfy! I've got 30 days to return them if I haven't worn them outside so I'll wear them in my house a bit first. But of course now I can't wait to go out for a run. Tongue

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Woot grats on your new shoes!! I have some Asics too and love em!!
                Yelie