Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week: December 01 to 07 (Read 206 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Welcome to December, folks! One thing I know will make my runs a little morer pleasant is running past houses decorated with Christmas lights when I have to run a couple of days in the dark this week. I'm hoping to have better runs than last week. Wink How about you?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

My runs are about to change this week - I am starting work at a new job tomorrow. Until now, I have had the luxury of running in my neighborhood whenever I wanted, but now I might switch the time and location of my running to accommodate my work & commuting schedule. The good part? My workplace is right next to a state park, great for hilly runs in a beautiful location. The bummer part? Hilly runs in a heavily forested area aren't the only running I want to do - I would like to find some level, well-lit ground (in this, the darkest month of the year) for easy runs and future tempo/interval work. There are plenty of places downtown, just not sure yet what to do with my stuff (purse, etc.) while I run, since I will be trying to use public transport instead of my car (save $$ and no worries about road rage). I'll find a way - we'll see how it works out! For now I just have to figure out Wednesday's run... And what to do next, since I'm almost done with One Hour Runner.

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I haven't had time to post much lately, but I'll be starting week 6 in a 26 week half marathon training program that has me running 3 days/week. I'm not really planning on running a half - just want to build mileage without injury. I agree - seeing the decorations makes the time go faster. And, now that the snow is here, most of the bikers are off of the prairie path, so I may try that on my long run next Saturday.
          jb944, I'd be interested to know which half marathon training program you are following. I too am looking to build mileage without injury.

Goals: 1. Finish One Hour Runner Program 2. Train for and run a 10K in late winter 3. Run a half in late spring 4. Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, Oct 2009

rdmsgirl

Marie

I made myself really proud - on my first 25 minute run of C25K I ran for 31 minutes and had to stop myself!!!!! I felt like I could run forever!!! Big grin
            jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

jb944, I'd be interested to know which half marathon training program you are following. I too am looking to build mileage without injury.
              After looking at a lot of programs, I finally found a book I liked that uses the run/walk method. It is by Marnie Caron and is called "The Complete 26-week Training Program: Marathon and Half Marathon: The Beginner's Guide". It seems to be working for me, since you only run 3 days/week and they are non-consecutive days. It is set up in 4 week cycles where you build for 3 weeks and then have a cut-back week. Go ahead and check out my log and you can see how slowly they have you building the mileage. And, since I'm not really targeting any race, the fact that it takes 26 weeks does not bother me.
              jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

4.5 miles this morning, although I walked an extra 8 minutes at the end since I misjudged the distance home. This was my first run in the snow/ice and it was much harder. Once I got off the main road, I was able to run on the street rather than the sidewalk and that made it easier, but I was amazed how much the snow slowed me down that first part of the run. I'm on W6 of a 26 week half marathon training program. WooHoo! For those starting out, I had trouble running for 1 minute in August of 2007 when I started this journey!
                johnnfrankfort

wk 7 d2 down again.. d3 coming up
                  goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min

Tortoise

Yesterday was W8D2. One more run in Week 8, and then I am so excited about finally getting to run for 30 minutes on Wednesday!
                    "It's very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit."

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

You are all doing so great! This can be a hard time of year to get those runs in. Cool

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.