Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Where and HOW is everyone? (Read 547 times)

Baby bean!

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.  So, how is everyone doing?

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

iang999

Just checking in myself Sushi.

I am so glad I found this forum, it really did get me on a plan that worked. The support of all the folk in  the same situation was so motivational during those difficult early days.

Right now I am at about the one year anniversary of starting on the C25K programme. My progress has been slow as my log will attest and I am also slow pace wise (also seen on the old log!), but the big thing is I am making progress. I do get the chance to do a friendly 10k once a month and that is a motivator to keep me in training. So although I skipped the actual 5k race I do it twice a month (without official timings or race numbers etc but do have the crowd and fun).

Good luck to all.

Complete C25K Done on 11/16/08!
      Keep running regularly 3 times a week
      Weight loss
      Plan a 5k race Do a 10k
      Get weekly mileage up to 20
        Hum.   Check in.  Well, I feel that I have been getting slower, and that I need to get back to actually running 30 min. more often.  I did do an 8K, and "ran" the whole way a couple of weeks ago, but was slower than molasses.  On the other hand, I am interested in the Galloway plan of walking some in intervals during a race or run.

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I finished c25k a year ago. Ran my first half marathon Sunday 11/8, 2:59:44. Used Galloway to avoid injury and ensure I could finish. Can't believe that in July 08 I could barely run 30 sec without feeling like I was going to die!

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Baby bean!

Wow!!!  Congrats Bob!!!  That's awesome!  Can I ask what ratio of Galloway you used?

Goals:
            Finish C25K

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I used 1min run/1min walk, which is what I trained with all summer in the North TX heat. I started 1:1 and extended it to 1:30/1 and 2/1 after mi 9 or 10. Then ran the last 5min. Hustled my butt when I made the last turn and saw that gun clock still started at 2! Realized I had a shot at under 3hrs!

I'm looking at using some Maffetone method low heart rate training, possibly married with Galloway to improve time for next half. After looking at my workouts I realized that the 1/1 training I have been doing is a kind of aerobic interval workout that lhr proponents talk about. I've been testing it and found I can run over an hour at low hr (max aeroibic function[maf] -10, for me its 97) with no injury. I'm hoping it will allow me to add additional running days w/o injury and will use Galloway 2/1 for long runs wit a focus on not exceeding maf+5

bob e v
              2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just wanted to pop in and encourage everyone that's following the C25K and OHR plans.  I did this back in April of 08.  I was a very typical non-runner, and if I could pull this off, everyone of you can, too.  Since finishing these plans, I've never looked back.  30 pounds lighter, I've run numerous 5ks, a couple 10ks, a half marathon, and last November I ran my first marathon.  I will have logged over 2,000 miles by the time the 2 year anniversary of my first C25K run rolls around.

Keep at it everyone!  You will love the results.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Baby bean!

Thanks Yap!  I'm on the OHR 5 month plan! ;-p  But I will be there!

Goals:
                  Finish C25K