Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly thread - June 8-14 (Read 325 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Meg - you've heard the talk before, I take it? A good run is like a sunny day in June. (You're Canadian. It would be March for us North Carolinian's. Tongue ) The sky's blue, the clouds are sparse and puffy, the wind is blowing lightly, the birds are singing. It looks like it just came out of a happy movie. Have too many of these sunny days in a row and you stop appreciating them. Girl, you just had a rainy day. Hopefully it's just one. But even a monsoon season will end eventually and you'll see that sun again!

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/cd34d2a502f147b685414b5925e9d2f1#focus Someone else was asking about runs being "pleasant."

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Meg - you've heard the talk before, I take it?
        Not really, but I gave myself the talk and it just wasn't sinking in. Tongue

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Not really, but I gave myself the talk and it just wasn't sinking in. Tongue
          Well, mine was the shortened version. Yep. Everybody has rotten runs now and then. Kind of like having a good day and a bad day in general. The good ones will be back. As long as you can remember what the good ones are like, the bad ones won't be so scarey. And sometimes it's the bad runs that really teach us lessons. ("Gee, you mean I shouldn't have been up until 3 am drinking before trying to run at 5am???" Tongue ) Big grin

Not really, but I gave myself the talk and it just wasn't sinking in.
            Those bad days are the days when I reply on my log to remind me that - hey - I still got out there and put in my miles even though they kinda stunk! It's just one day, but I still get to log it, it still adds towards my totals and base mileage and it's still better than a day off in front of the tv!!
            ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
              Finished up Cto5K week 2. We had a break in our weather, so instead of 90 (F) it was 70 yesterday. For the first time since I started back up and running I actually kind of felt like a runner during my last interval. I was thinking about running and moving forward rather than thinking about the next break!
              ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer

50 halfs by age 50

meg...I have a british runner friend who refers to those runs as stonkers. Stonker runs build character, put hair on your chest, etc Big grin Sometimes it's just not your day but the good ones will be back. I have stonkers when I'm mentally fried, my stomach's acting up or at certain cyclical times of the month. Speaking of which, I'm going to restart W4 tomorrow since I missed Fri and bailed at 3 miles yesterday. It's been a week...my 5 yo had her first recital on Fri so we've had dress rehearsal on Thurs then the 3 hr recital Friday night. I did get up yesterday, but my back's been bugging me and my PF has flared so I just walked 3 instead of trying to gut it out through 5. And it's hot and humid and gross here anyway. Tongue Wingz...what part of NC? We have discovered that's where people from FL retire or move when they get disgusted with all the traffic down here Smile meewolfie...congrats on your cool run Cool

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, chimera and meewolfie! Got you two added to our chart on the home page. Keep us updated on your progress! Big grin I live in Raleigh, NC. Can't say I'm too fond of the traffic here, but it's a lot better than some of the really-big cities... Roll eyes

More turtle than hare...

meg...I have a british runner friend who refers to those runs as stonkers. Stonker runs build character, put hair on your chest, et
                    Love it! What a perfect word for it!
                    CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Stonker. Good word, Chimera!
                      Those bad days are the days when I reply on my log to remind me that - hey - I still got out there and put in my miles even though they kinda stunk! It's just one day, but I still get to log it, it still adds towards my totals and base mileage and it's still better than a day off in front of the tv!!
                      Yeah, I guess I should try reading my notes from previous runs. I try to add something in the notes when I log a run. I should be rereading my early entries and realize I've come a long way to run 25 minutes straight even if it did feel sluggish. Ah perspective. So easy to miss sometimes. I love that this forum has been a bit busier lately too. It helps to hear how the rest of you are doing and how the progress goes. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

theyapper

On the road again...

I love that I learned a new word here - Stonker! Great word for hard runs. I'm sure I'll be using it as I progress through OHR!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul