Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

I am a One Hour Runner Graduate (Read 284 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Let's file this thread in the "If I can do it, anybody can do it" category. Wink This morning I got up early and headed out the door for my final run of the One Hour Runner program. It was dark and cool with a bit of a breeze and it felt great. I could not have had a better morning for running an hour. I had already decided that pace didn't matter today - the only goal was to actually run the entire 60 minutes no matter what distance I did - or didn't - cover. Along the way I got to watch the sunrise (which for me is always like God peeking in on my run) and it was beautiful. The only time I felt tired was when I hit 4 hills in a row, but I knocked them out and got back into the nice, relaxed rhythm that I had for the entire run. I felt strong, confident, and I chuckled just about the entire way thinking about how far this running journey has brought me in such a short time. When my watch hit 60:00, I checked the distance and had been 5.8 miles. You couldn't have pried the smile off my face with a crowbar! Everyone who is so faithfully putting in your miles and intervals on the C25K program, the pay off is worth it. For you OHRs here who are plugging away, don't quit. At the beginning of April I had never run a day in my life, and now, 20 weeks later, I've logged over 200 miles, lost almost 20 pounds, and (yes, this is the best part)... ...running is a lifestyle. It's no longer just a 9 or 10 week experiment. It is a part of who I am and what I do. I can't wait to see each of you cross the line at the end, too.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Baby bean!

Congratulations!!! Very inspiring! Big grin

Goals:
      Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

zzz

woooohoooo that's awesome!!!! you need to come up this weekend and try out the RnR half marathon in VA Beach!!! congrats!!! you did it!!!! MTA - well not this weekend but next weekend.
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

That's awesome! Good for you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on the journey too. And that's a great new avatar! Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Very cool. Congratulations! It's really nice to see the stories of those who have made it all the way through.
            2008 Goals:
            1. Finish C25K
            2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
            3. Complete One Hour Runner
              How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Congratulations on achieving this important milestone in your running life and best of luck in chasing all the others. You are awesome! Smile
              theyapper

On the road again...

You are awesome!
                Hope you don't mind that I quoted you. Big grin

Paul

running buddies

Congrats, yapper! Doesn't it just feel great? One of the best things for me was when I went to enter it into my training log and I typed in 60:00, and it told me it was an invalid entry - I had to enter it as 1:00:00. A whole hour - whoo hoo! I'm also in the "If I can do it, anybody can do it" category. Enjoy your whole day - I was pretty high the whole day last weekend after I finished. Cool
                  "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)

The young Mama Bear!

The Yap can run a mile, oh yeah! The Yap can run with a smile, say what? The Yap won't mind my bad rhyming, for sure Because The Yap knows I have bad timing. Now the The Yap can run for 60 minutes and still have enough steam to finish. I should seriously be a famous writer, am I right? Wink
                    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                    theyapper

On the road again...

Nice, goddess. Thanks.

Paul

More turtle than hare...

Yay! So happy to read this (and I love the new avatar.) I'm inspired! Congrats, Yapper! Big grin
                          Wow that is really fantastic. I can't wait to get to your level. Truly motivational. Congrats!
                            Way to go! (clap clap clap) This is the stuff that keeps me inspired. I still feel a little bit in the experimental stage of this, but when I see posts like 'if I can do this anyone can' and 'I had never run a day in my life'....I start to feel like I can achieve the same end zone. Thanks for sharing those thoughts! So, what's next?
                            Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

Congrats on the one hour!!! Can't wait to be in your shoes!
                              -Jen
                              2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
                                Way to go! Congrats! Big grin You have inspired me as well, as I'm three days away from starting the C25K. Thanks for telling your story!