Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 4/3 - 4/9 (Read 330 times)

Sunday I ran W2D1 on the trail with the dog.  Well, it was a modified day.  I forgot to look up the workout so I jogged for 90 sec and walked for 60 sec for two miles.  It was a beautiful day but not much to see except a few walkers. 

Sunday I ran W2D1 on the trail with the dog.  Well, it was a modified day.  I forgot to look up the workout so I jogged for 90 sec and walked for 60 sec for two miles.  It was a beautiful day but not much to see except a few walkers. 

Well...close enough!

I always see a few runners and walkers on my runs, which are at 4:45 am!  It's amazing to me that there are that many crazy people in the world, that get up at that time of the morning for a run.

Sunday I didn't meet my goal, so I'm going to repeat a week of my plan.  It just wasn't my week Black eye

Michele in NC

Ran the modified W2D2 on the trail with the dog at 5:30 this morning.  One of my kids has an inexpensive headlamp and I think that I'll try using that on my next early morning run.

bianchilvr, I hope you have a great week and reach your goal.

Good luck on your run tomorrow, Chup.  Finishing up week 1 is a big hurdle, as the hardest part is getting started. 

I wish I had a trail close to my home, as you do.  I love trail runs...though, I'm clumsy, and stub my toe on tree roots alot...and stumble...and fall sometimes, too.  Well, I'm not sure WHY I like trail running, with all its risks Big grin

I've been a slacker this week so far, but I have my annual physical tomorrow, which should encourage me to get up out of bed and run in the morning.  Gotta put on a good show for the doctor!  I have a race scheduled for next Saturday, to test my fitness.  I hope that I've improved since my last race a month ago.  It would be nice to see all of my hard work pay off.  I am SO slow...the experts say "run more to get fast" so that's what I'm doing, I hope they are right!

Michele in NC

Ran W2D3 on the trail this morning with the dog.  Despite a grueling kickboxing workout (for me) yesterday I managed to finish my 2 mile run today with a year's best time!  Wahoo!  It was dark out and while I didn't see any wildlife I did hear a turkey and some kind of cat killing something.  I think I was inspired to run a little faster.

bianchilvr, the trails have always been good to me though not always kind as you wrote.  Good luck on the physical and on your upcoming race.  You're shooting for an 8 min/mi pace for a 5K, which is a very respectable pace.  How many days a week are you running?

obiebyke

I don't know how you two do it, so early in the morning. I'm a late afternoon runner.

Sorry I've been absent so much. Good work this week, Chup! (Oh, and last, I guess.)

Today I finally finished OHR. Big grin I'll try to stop by way more regularly to cheerlead. Heading into the end of my last school year EVER, so counterintuitively, I kind of have a lot of free time.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

obiebyke - Congrats on completing OHR!  That is an awesome accomplishment!  Congrats too on your upcoming graduation.  What's your field?  Are you getting a bachelor's degree, master's degree, or doctorate? 

obiebyke

Hey Chup. Thanks! It'll be a masters. I'll officially be a librarian.

How's week 3 going?

I'm adding a 4th day of running as of this week, adding 20 mins speedwork.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Hey Chup. Thanks! It'll be a masters. I'll officially be a librarian.

How's week 3 going?

I'm adding a 4th day of running as of this week, adding 20 mins speedwork.

A librarian, you say.  In college I had a data entry job working for a head librarian.  I cannot help but notice that you and your ilk are both a delight to converse with and yet there is a strangeness.  Then again, I had many an awesome rubber band fight during those hours.  Maybe I was the strange one?  Good luck adding a day of running to your schedule.  That's a big step!