Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 01 to 07 (Read 369 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Where you go next with running really depends on what you want to do with it. Your personal needs and goals should drive your choice of "what next." What do you want to do? Do you hant to try for longer and longer race distances? Do you just want to maintain a certain level of running for health reasons? Do you like creating your own program or do you want to follow someone else's? Do you want to join a running club or keep running on your own? A lot of people jump right from one program into another because they like the structure of not having to figure out what to do next. Others say "I need a break from training plans" and keep going on their own. Yet others finish the program, can't answer the question "Now what?" and quit. Or realize they've reached their goal by running in a race, realize they don't really like running, and try something else. What you do next is the big question. You know you can run for a half hour three times a week without hurting yourself. Now you need a new goal. Until you pick that goal, no training plan is better than another. So... What do you WANT to do?
    All great questions - thanks for that. My goal right now is to make running a part of my lifestyle. I never thought I'd want that, but it's gotten me and I'm hooked. So the slow build of more miles and quicker pace is part of my plan. I think the OHR and Hal's spring training both wold help me achieve those goals. Just not sure which one is best.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Weekly summary and brief intro! I just started the C25k program last week. I started it a few years ago, but never finished it. I was psyched to learn about the podcasts - they fix every problem that I ever had with the program and are working perfectly. My past history as a runner - HS Cross-country and track. One year of college cross-country. I also used to do triathlons. Over the last fifteen years or so, I've been intermittently active and feel very distant from that young athlete that I used to be. Reading all of the posts and user logs has reminded me a bit of how awesome it is to be fit and active. So, you all are helping develop my motivation whether you know it or not!! My goal is to run a few 5ks by the end of the summer/fall. Summary for the week - finished week one...on to week two!
      ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
      CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Nice to see you with us! I find this group and this board really motivational too.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

HI guys! sorry I'm in and out of this forum... I'm trying my best to get on track with a schedule but it's so hard... on the plus side I seem to be doing well when I do get out on the road! I completed W5D1 and finally got a nice new route down in my new neighborhood. I'll be doing W5D2 hopefully tonight I keep wanting to run in the morning but have yet to work up the nerve to set my alarm for 4:30am so I don't have enough time to run in the morning before work... something about waking up before 5am is stopping me!
          -Jen
          2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
          CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I totally get not up and energetic at 430 am. I hope you have a great run tonight! Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.