Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Newbie in all sorts of ways: Intro, and how to log c25k workouts (Read 242 times)

danea

Hi all, I've just found this site thanks to the Lake Merritt Joggers and Striders website that I found in a very roundabout way from the CoolRunnings site. I've tried the c25k program twice before, and only managed to get about 2/3 through each time before life or my knees intervened. This time I'm determined to make it through, and have signed up for a race at the end of May to motivate me. I'm still on my first week this time, and am in the process of downloading the podcasts I've seen mentioned on this forum. They should be tremendously helpful! A quick question for you, though. How do you log your run/walk intervals if you're doing c25k by time rather than by distance? I haven't really been paying attention to where I'm starting/stopping each running interval, so I have no clue how far I'm going with each, even with mapmyrun features. Do you just count the total time and distance you're running and not bother with the individual intervals? Does anyone have a log they can point me to as an example? I'm new to this site as of 30 minutes ago, and haven't had a lot of time to peruse the help pages and figure this stuff out on my own. If you want to just point me to the relevant help files, that's fine too.
    obiebyke

Hey, danea-- Check out the "counting/not counting walk miles" thread in this user group. And post your log so we can see what you're up to. Glad to have another Oakland peep out there. I'll be running this month's Fourth Sunday run. I assume that's the one you're doing in May? Maybe I've seen you around Lake Merritt and didn't even know it!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

danea

Awesome, someone else from Oakland! I'm actually signed up for the See Jane Run 5k the day before the May Fourth Sunday run, so I'll be skipping the LMJS run that month, but will probably try for the one in June. Smile It's entirely possible you've seen me around the lake -- I've slacked for about 6 months and stayed mostly indoors for workouts, but am getting back on track. In fact, I'm heading out right now! Thanks for the pointer, I will look at that thread when I get back. Smile
        obiebyke

I have an email listed in my signature. It's related to the LGBT group I administrate on this site, but go ahead and email it if you want to chat running sometime. Thought about doing See Jane Run, but it's EXPENSIVE! And I feel weird about running a "women's" race. Have a good run! Maybe I'll start running with a tshirt that says "HI DANEA!" on it. Wink

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)