Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 4/26-5/02 (Read 526 times)

Oh no!! Maybe some moleskin?

My Little Pony hair.

Oh no!! Maybe some moleskin?
      I usually get blisters in that spot every spring, and once they heal up my Achilles can handle it for the rest of the summer, until I start wearing socks to work again and repeat the whole process next spring. On a good note, I got to my treadmill this morning only to find that my Ipod's battery was dead, so I tried to improvise w5d1 because I hadn't run since last week and told pretty much everyone to smack me if I didn't run. It wasn't as bad as I expected it to be without music or prompts, and my improv turned out to be exactly the workout anyway. Plus, I actually found today's workout to be easier than then week 4 workouts, which I found somewhat surprising.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
      • run 1000k
      • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

You Are Beautiful.

Yay for sticktuitiveness! Cool Good work, O! MTA: Going for w6d3 today! I can't believe it's here already. Then I stick with 25 minute runs for the next "week" ("three workouts") I did it! It was 23 minutes. It ended up being a 2.1 mile run...my furthest ever run! I loved how Ullery was like, "Day three: congratulations, you just completed your longest run yet!" I cried a little, I'm not gonna lie!! Onto week 7! Big grin

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
        Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Yay for both of you!! I take it that means you both did, in fact, make it through week four?? Tongue Wow! 3 minutes last week was a piece of cake, but this morning (week 4, day 1) sure did take a lot out of me!! Big grin
            Week 2 of Week 5, I did day two today. I went well. Friday is week 5 day three. Im not sure about that 20 minute run. Any tips or ideas? Other than going at a somewhat really slow pace I dont know how I am going to get through it. But Im crossing my fingers. SmileUndecided

You Are Beautiful.

I was there recently, kwikstop. Just go out on that run with the mindset you ARE going to finish. There isn't any other way to do it, in my book. Good luck Smile

My Storygraph

Baby bean!

Week 2 of Week 5, I did day two today. I went well. Friday is week 5 day three. Im not sure about that 20 minute run. Any tips or ideas? Other than going at a somewhat really slow pace I dont know how I am going to get through it. But Im crossing my fingers. SmileUndecided
                I had the biggest hurdle with that 20 minute run. It was so daunting for me. Last summer, I attempted it 2 times before I got it and had difficulties doing it again. But I KNEW it was all mental. This time, when I started again, I didn't build it up as much so I don't think I looked at it as a hurdle. In fact, I was psyching myself into the mindstate of being excited for it. I knew I was ready. All these weeks, I was getting my body ready and I started to look at it as less of a wall. Mentally, if I had trouble, I had to remember that I wasn't being expelled from C25K school! Biggest tip I got from here...keep it slow. I started out slow. Another thing is maybe run for 2 minutes to get the blood flowinig, walk a wee bit and THEN start the run. But keep it S L O W. I have been loving the Podrunner music because it zones me out. And it helps me keep a decent pace. Maybe try those. Also, not looking at my watch helped. It's disheartening to think you've been going to 18 minutes when it's only been 7. Wink Now...I need to remember this when I do the week 6 run! Tongue In other words...you WILL do great! Big grin

Goals:
                Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

You Are Beautiful.

Good luck sushigirl. Getting through week six is a turning point...the end of an era Smile Are you going for the end of w6 or beginning? We're in the same place, almost. I'm starting week 7 "next" (Friday?).

My Storygraph

Baby bean!

Good luck sushigirl. Getting through week six is a turning point...the end of an era Smile Are you going for the end of w6 or beginning? We're in the same place, almost. I'm starting week 7 "next" (Friday?).
                    I am doing week 6 like this: 3 days of the 5/8/5 run, 2 days of the 10/10 run and then the 25 minute run. Hopefully after that, I can do weeks 7,8 and 9 as is. Today, I did my last 5/8/5 run and this weekend, I will start the 10/10 segment. Good luck with week 7! Big grin

Goals:
                    Finish C25K

I agree with the advice to not look at your watch. There is little purpose to this action at this point. If you're doing C25K based on time it does not matter how far you go; if you're distance based, it does not matter how long it took you. The thing that helped me to slow down my pace in the past was to sing under my breath or carry on a conversation with my dog. If I was going to fast I could quickly detect it and adjust my pace and recover. W3D3 of C25K is in the books for me. I'll be moving on to W4 on Monday. I hope everyone has an awesome weekend. Smile
                        I also find it much more encouraging to NOT look at my watch. AND....day 2 of wk 4 was MUCH easier. I think the cold temps on Wednesday siezed me right up...today felt back to normal.
                          wow!!! I just wanna give everyone in here a virtual hug! I did the 20 minute run today (week 5 day 3). Big grin I took it easy I wasnt gona worry, I based it on time rather than distance. Took it easy but not too easy, when I looked at my watch it was 20 minutes and i still felt I could go a little more so I ran for a total of 23 minutes. When I started walking my legs felt like jelly but I made it alright. I just wanna thank everyone for their support in this group and I am so excited for week 6!
                            Yay!! Huge congrats!! What a hurdle Big grin

Baby bean!

wow!!! I just wanna give everyone in here a virtual hug! I did the 20 minute run today (week 5 day 3). Big grin I took it easy I wasnt gona worry, I based it on time rather than distance. Took it easy but not too easy, when I looked at my watch it was 20 minutes and i still felt I could go a little more so I ran for a total of 23 minutes. When I started walking my legs felt like jelly but I made it alright. I just wanna thank everyone for their support in this group and I am so excited for week 6!
                              Yay!!! Great job!!!

Goals:
                              Finish C25K

You Are Beautiful.

Yay kwikstop! Congratulations! Shocked Are you running outside or on a TM?

My Storygraph