Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 15 to 21 (Read 326 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

A new week is here. This is my week 7 for C25K: my first full week without walk breaks in the runs. I'm hoping for a great run Tuesday to start my week. What about the rest of you? What's up for your week? Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Ex-Smoker turned Runner!

I ran week 5 day 2 this morning and I felt great doing it! Actually ended a bit far from home so I ran another 8 min set! 24 mins of running in total! My next 5K is in about a month and I'm pretty darn excited for it!
      -Jen
      2010 Goals! Get back into running after having my son miles miles miles!
      jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

You all are doing great. I'm back from a quick trip to Michigan (no time to run this weekend). My plan is to get 3 runs in this week and a daily bike ride. I'm very much behind on my training for the bike trip the end of July.
        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

How far is your bike trip?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

360 miles over 6 days.

More turtle than hare...

After a crazy week last week (lots of activity, but no running Sad ) I went out this morning for a great run. Not sure what day of C25k I'm on but I had a FABULOUS 25 min run this morning. (I figure I'll do a few more weeks of these, maybe I'm on Week 6?) Looking forward to Wednesday's run!! Hopefully you all are enjoying the beautiful weather we've got here - the humidity broke and it's perfect running weather!
              theyapper

On the road again...

This is week 2 of the OHR for me. Hopefully I'll get to run my 30 minutes tonight around 8:15 or so. You guys will be the first to know!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Today was my Week 4 Day 1 run. It felt great, but I continue to battle this foot pain. I am faithfully icing after my runs, though! I have a business trip coming up, so we'll see how that messes with my progress. I have plans to run while I'm away. DH is coming with, so maybe we'll have some running adventures together! I love keeping up on each of your progressions through the program! You are all doing so great! Big grin

"Life is short... running makes it seem longer." - Baron Hansen

theyapper

On the road again...

I did get out and run tonight. Felt great, too. 3.25 miles in just over 32 minutes. Have a great week everyone! Modified cuz I can't spell

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I ran week 6 day 1 yesterday and went way too hard. Thought I was an athlete and forgot that I am still carrying way too much excess weight. I have been just running for time up to now but yesterday, because I am a smarty pants, I thought I would try the distance instead. Went out too hard for the first 5 mins and then spent the rest of the time trying to recover. Ended up finishing the distance but a whole 1:30 mins behind. Also not good was having a massive stitch in my side and a headache when I got home. Pretty stupid but a good hard lesson learned. Day 2 tomorrow and I will be taking it steady and letting my body rule my head, not the other way round. Well done to everyone - Keep going.
                        I did W3D1 of the Cto5k yesterday. A good little run. Funny, it seemed like it was over so quickly! My husband did W1D1 yesterday!! We'll see how he progresses since he says that he *hates* running.
                        ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
                        CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Wow, JB! That is one long trip. Smile Meewolfie, that's so cool that your husband is trying C25K.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Meg - It is amazing how the body adapts. I was a couch potato until October 2006. I was nearing my 50th birthday and decided I better get moving. I've dropped 16.5 pounds, lost 4 dress sizes, and have more energy than ever. Last year we did a 245 mile 5 day trip and it was hard for me. I'm hoping another year of training will pay off. Our longest ride this year was 47.5 miles and I did that just 8 days after an SI injury and on very little sleep. My real goal is to do 6 days of 62 miles - or 6 metric centuries in a row! I'll just see how it goes and hope the hills and winds are minimal! Just finsihed OHR W4D1. Hopefully I can get back on track now.
                            CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I broke the 2 Mile Mark for the first time today!!! Yes It was 27*C (80*F) with 30% humidity and almost no wind. This is probably the warmest weather I've run in so far. I felt really good in my run and wasn't paying attention to distance or pace. Then the face fell off my timer and skidded across the path so I had to stop to pick it up and check if my pedometer was broken. (Yeah, I use a pedometer for timing until my sister gives me one of her old Timex watches). That threw me off. I think I need to be a bit better hydrated. The last five minutes were tough, but within a few minutes of finishing, the bit of stomach discomfort passed. Nothing serious. Felt good today though! Big grin MTA: temp conversion

Half Fanatic #9292. 

obiebyke

Everyone's looking great. Tonight is my graduation run from OHR-- Week 10, Day 3. I have to do 60 minutes, and I'm a bit nervous. Wish me luck!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)