Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly Thread: June 15 to 21 (Read 326 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Everyone's looking great. Tonight is my graduation run from OHR-- Week 10, Day 3. I have to do 60 minutes, and I'm a bit nervous. Wish me luck!
    Here's hoping for light feet, easy steps and finishing with a big smile on your face! You can do it. You've been building up a solid base for this! Go for it! Big grin

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

50 halfs by age 50

Everyone's looking great. Tonight is my graduation run from OHR-- Week 10, Day 3. I have to do 60 minutes, and I'm a bit nervous. Wish me luck!
      Wow...congrats and good luck! I finished W4D2 again today. Seemed to go well though I'm being a wuss and running on the TM. Just too hot for outside plus it's easier to keep track of what I'm supposed to do next.

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

theyapper

On the road again...

I cannot wait to hear how it turns out. It'll really motivate me to keep at it. No pressure. Big grin Just got done with my W2D2 run of OHR. It was no fun at all. I haven't slept well the last few nights and I had some pretty sad news about a friend of mine - his wife passed away after having a heart attack. They're young, active, just seems so odd. Anyway, I did not feel good about running but I did it anyway - that's the biggest victory today. I ran the time - 30:12, and got 3.03 miles in. I'll live to run another day, and after today, that's a good thing.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Wingz

Professional Noob

You are SO ready for this! Go get 'em, Tiger! Big grin Cool

Roads were made for journeys...

Wingz

Professional Noob

I ran week 6 day 1 yesterday and went way too hard. Thought I was an athlete and forgot that I am still carrying way too much excess weight. I have been just running for time up to now but yesterday, because I am a smarty pants, I thought I would try the distance instead. Went out too hard for the first 5 mins and then spent the rest of the time trying to recover. Ended up finishing the distance but a whole 1:30 mins behind. Also not good was having a massive stitch in my side and a headache when I got home. Pretty stupid but a good hard lesson learned. Day 2 tomorrow and I will be taking it steady and letting my body rule my head, not the other way round. Well done to everyone - Keep going.
            You are an athlete. In training. Smile You just need to remember the same thing I had to learn when starting: we train the bodies we have, not the bodies we wish we had. Wink Everyone messes up once or thrice. Just learn what you can from it and move on, just like you're doing. Cool

Wingz

Professional Noob

I broke the 2 Mile Mark for the first time today!!! Yes
              Big grin Big grin Big grin Congrats! Big grin

Wingz

Professional Noob

I cannot wait to hear how it turns out. It'll really motivate me to keep at it. No pressure. Big grin Just got done with my W2D2 run of OHR. It was no fun at all. I haven't slept well the last few nights and I had some pretty sad news about a friend of mine - his wife passed away after having a heart attack. They're young, active, just seems so odd. Anyway, I did not feel good about running but I did it anyway - that's the biggest victory today. I ran the time - 30:12, and got 3.03 miles in. I'll live to run another day, and after today, that's a good thing.
                *nods* Sometimes... often, it seems... just the simple act of running is a victory. Well done.

Wingz

Professional Noob

This week I'm making a break towards longer runs... I've done two weeks of just one mile runs, one week of 1.5 mile runs, and this week I'm moving up to 2 and 2.5 mile runs! The IT band issue that had sidelined me has been behaving itself, and my new shoes are working fine. I feel like I'm starting to get back on track with my running. I put together an "evil plan" for what I'm hoping to do for the next year or so. Obviously it's not written in stone. If you're curious, a link to it is in my sig. I've not put in my crosstraining because that changes week to week and I don't feel it needs to be planned as closely as running does. I'm thrilled to see all the new faces here and to see that our little community is both growing and staying supportive and friendly. Nice work, guys! Cool I'd like to encourage all our new grads to stick around at least for a few weeks so that the newer runners coming in can benefit from your experiences as you have benefitted from others'. Pass the torch and spread the word! Smile

we train the bodies we have, not the bodies we wish we had
                    This is a great line!!
                    ~ Mary ~

"Workouts are like brushing my teeth; I don't think about them, I just do them. The decision has already been made." - Patti Sue Plumer
                    obiebyke

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I DID IT! I ran for one hour and one second! Big grin Big grin Big grin I am so so proud. I didn't stop once--not even for a stoplight! I'm psyched. Don't worry--I'm still very excited about all of you and will stick around. Stay tuned about my next goals. Thanks again for rooting for me.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We never doubted you...
                          Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I DID IT! I ran for one hour and one second! Big grin Big grin Big grin I am so so proud. I didn't stop once--not even for a stoplight! I'm psyched. Don't worry--I'm still very excited about all of you and will stick around. Stay tuned about my next goals. Thanks again for rooting for me.
                          Congratulations, I can't wait to get were you are. I just finished my week one of the OHR program and it went well. I have weak ankles so they ache and creak and I ice and soak. I can't wait till more of the weight is off of them but the new shoes are helping. I think the hardest part about the first few weeks of OHR is feeling like you could do more and forcing yourself to hold back.
                          You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
                          CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Obiebyke, kudos to you! That's great! What's next? Wink quotidianlight, I think the holding back can be hard at any point. We just have to keep reminding ourselves it's about staying injury-free right? Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

You are an athlete. In training. Smile You just need to remember the same thing I had to learn when starting: we train the bodies we have, not the bodies we wish we had. Wink Everyone messes up once or thrice. Just learn what you can from it and move on, just like you're doing. Cool
                              Thanks Wingz, Did day 2 last night, took it nice and steady, completed just under two miles in the 23 mins and, while I couldn't have gone on any further, I didn't feel ill, so Bonus! I don't think i'll ever be an "athlete", not with my build, but it will be great to fit in my clothes again and not feel out of breath doing up my shoelaces!!!! Thanks for the encouragement. Everyone is doing really well. Really big congrats to Obiebyke. I loved the part where you did one extra second!
                              theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks everyone for your encouragement. I DID IT! I ran for one hour and one second! Big grin Big grin Big grin I am so so proud. I didn't stop once--not even for a stoplight! I'm psyched.
                                Nice. Very nice.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul