Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Okay, I'm psyched today! (Read 178 times)

Baby bean!

I downloaded Robert Ullrey's c25k podcasts yesterday and today, synced my mp3 player! I've heard great things about running to these podcasts, so I'm excited to try them. Yay!

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

My Little Pony hair.

Let me know how they work for you; I've downloaded them but just haven't used them yet (I use Suz's when I'm not just using the playlist I use when gaming).

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
      • run 1000k
      • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

Baby bean!

Hey! I think I liked it. It was good that I didn't look at my watch to see how much time was left. The music wasn't bad. My DH started to complain, saying that it was putting him asleep, but when I reminded him that it was meant to help you keep your pace, he realized why. I will definitely use them again for the next few days and see how they go.

Goals:
        Finish C25K

I used the podcasts up to week ~ week 6 when the intervals change for each day of the week. I found it distracting to hear him announcing it was time for this day's interval to end while I may only be partway through my interval- and used it as an excuse to take a break Blush So I started using my own playlist & using the stopwatch function on my iPod to time myself & got better results. But definitely for the first 5w of C25K it's a must have.

21.1k, 20/07/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #4/5 2:24:29

15k, 4/05/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #3 1:40:43

10k, 13/04/2013, MEC Race Series Calgary #2 1:08:44

10k, 23/09/2012, Rock the House 1:04:27(gun), 1:03:48(chip)

10k, 27/05/2012 1:08:57

11.34 k, 22/10/2011 1:16:52

Started C25K 5 February 2009; SportCheck Mother's Day 5k- 37:13

RookieRider

In the past (2 years when I attempted the c24k) I used Robert Ullrey's podcast, then this year I found Suz's podcast and I really like the music so much better. Then I found a program for my Ipod Touch that announces when to run and walk but lets me listen to my own music. That's what I'm using now and I really like it.
            2009 goals Complete C25K Run my first 5k Run another 5k Cycle a half century Cycle EVERY week

Baby bean!

Just a little update. We switched over the DJ Steve Boyett's Podrunner and I have to say that I like these more. He doesn't talk to you, but uses a chime. It goes up in sound when it's time to run and down in sound when it's time to walk. I really felt like I was keeping a consistent pace with these playlists. So if anyone is looking for something else, I totally recommend the podrunner ones.

Goals:
              Finish C25K