Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Let's post our runs here.... (Read 531 times)

Yesterday, did 30 min again for W9D2.  Graduation on Tuesday, woohoo!

Michele in NC

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

hey guys! I'm still here, just not getting out everyday as I was doing. Life has been getting in the way. I expect that once tax season is over and I am fully retired again I'll be more consistent.

Ya'll keep up the good work!

bob e v
      2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I have been a bit silent too for the last couple of days...

Last week, I was in Switzerland for a meeting for a few days.

I took my running cloths with me, but the schedule was very buzzy, and I didn't really succeeded at running much. I went out nevertheless on Thursday evening, when I had just an hour left, but it went really bad.  I had my HRM on, and either the shirt I was wearing caused a very erratic reading, or the altitude gave me problems.  My HR went up and down like mad... It didn't encourage me to run much, and after only two km I quit.

But yesterday, I ran about 5 km (4.8, to be honest), and that was one of my best runs this year.  I used it as a MAF-test, and my pace was about 1m 30 sec faster per km than three weeks ago (although that was my slowest run ever...)

Running in Belgium
        Ann

Ann, good job on the 5k run.  You're doing great, and running farther than I am.

Graduation Day from C25K, hurray!  Got in the 30 min run today to finish out the plan.  I do better with structure, so I'm going to continue and do the One Hour Runner (OHR) plan next.  Plenty of room for improvement in speed, as I'm running a blazing 15 min/mile, but I know from experience that speed will come with time on my feet.  It is more challenging for me this time of year as I don't do well when it gets above 65F, which is becoming more and more often.  I've just got to gut it out until fall gets here--wow, that's a long ways away!

Michele in NC

Great to hear that, Michele!

I'm afraid my speed is slower than yours...

On Wednesday I ran 5.8 km, which took me over an hour... (I know I can run somewhat faster, but I really want to stick to my MAF-pace for some time...)

But I see a gradual improvement in my pace, so I'm patient ;-)

Running in Belgium
            Ann

You have really extended your running times, Ann.  I hope to be where you are in a few weeks.  I ran OHR W1D1, another 30 min run, getting tired of these so I'm looking forward to extended the running time later in the week. I've been toying with the idea of adding days, but I think I've decided to stick with 3 days/week for now since the OHR is designed that way.

Michele in NC

My pace is suddenly improving very rapidly...  Yesterday, I ran the same distance as last wednesday, and at the same HR, but it took me just under an hour...

I seemed to be on a plateau the previous weeks, and I took a few days of rest last week, and it seems to pay off.

Running in Belgium
                Ann

Glad to hear that all that hard work is paying off, Ann!  Sometimes a little break is all we need to jumpstart our training.  

As for me, I'm still slogging along, the heat got to me this morning so I had to walk a little bit.  I'm not really bummed about that because that always happens for me this time of year, I just have to wade through the heat a little bit until I get used to it.  It usually takes me a couple of weeks to adjust, I don't know why I'm so sensitive to the temperature, as others don't seem to have the trouble that I have Sad

Michele in NC

Good 30 min run for me this morning, made a big difference to get up earlier and run in the dark.  And I did that because...I start a new job today, yay!  Welcome me back to the world of the working, it has been 7 months!

Michele in NC

Starting to hear crickets chirp in here, y'all are quiet!  lol  First long run of OHR today and the first mileage and time increase in awhile, got in a 35 min run in the warm sun today.  Happy Easter everyone!

Michele in NC

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys!  I am the long lost admin of the group - so sorry for being invisible, but I'm trying to catch up on where everyone is.  

benzenering - congrats on finishing C25K and starting OHR!  I've updated the charts and added you to the C25K Graduates list and moved you to the OHR progress chart. I've got you currently in Week 2.

slaptear2Jennyxpt, and DigitalFirefly - you all appear to be finished with C25K??  Are you? I'd love to add you to the C25K Graduates list!

I've redone the Graduate lists in alphabetical order to make it easier for everyone to find their name!

People who haven't updated their progress on the charts (or in the forums that I can find) in about a year are:

In C25K - NSMoiraLittleLionasmanyataChupChupFlamingoawangmom2twogrlzgirmann

In OHR - obiebykeFrancesRefreckles

I'm removing all of the above from the graphs to make way for our newest runners who are currently active.  If you are listed above and still working the program (or want to restart), let me know and I'll add you back on the graph!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Well done Benzenering!

I haven't been running for two weeks, because I felt not well, a bit sick, very tired...

But yesterday my RHR was normal again for the first time in weeks, and so I went out again, although I have been hesitating: after a very mild March, April is rather cold again, with temperatures near freezing (night frost predicted for this night).

I ran about 4k, at my normal slow pace (low heartrate).  The first half was difficult, because my HR (seemed to) jump up and down, probably due to bad contact, since in the second half it stabilized, and stayed nicely between 118 and 126.  I hope I'm 'on the run' again... a few more runs, and I have run in 2012 more than in 2007 (I've allready 'beaten' my own years 2009 and - most easy - 2010.  Last year was my best year, so that's the real challenge...

Running in Belgium
                          Ann

I felt rather tired during the day, but nevertheless I decided to run, and I felt refreshed afterwards.

As usual, I ran slow, at an heartrate of only 122 bpm, but I ran my fastest 'slow' km ever.

Running in Belgium
                            Ann

I have been wise not to run for two weeks while I felt so bad... Allthough I feared that period of rest would have a bad influence on my pace, my run yesterday (one hour) was at the fasted pace I ever ran since I started this Maffetone thing... (Fast means: just a tiny little bit faster than walking pace.... but I keep making progress, so eventually it will be a decent pace someday I hope.)

Running in Belgium
                              Ann

Ann, I hope you are feeling better.  

I ran for the first time this afternoon in a couple of weeks.  I have a new job, and my sleep/wake cycle just isn't catching up to the change in schedule.  I hope to get my butt out of bed to run this week, and I started it off right with a 35 min run this afternoon, which matches what I was doing when I left off, though I was a smidgen slower than before.  Now, to get out of bed at 5 a.m. at least two days this week so that I can get my runs in, that is the challenge!

Michele in NC