Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 6/26-7/2 (Read 310 times)

W5D3 done!  I ended up running for 21 minutes because I had a little extra in the tank.  I feel good, but my legs are a little tired.  Ready for week 6!

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DigitalFirefly - That is awesome!  There's no stopping you now!

I have everyone here to thank for all their motivation, it helps a lot.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

DigitalFirefly - glad I checked in after my trip. Your doing great. I used to do similar extensions late in  C25K, after the scheduled cool down walk I would feel good and just start jogging away from my house. Feels great to have the extra endurance doesn't it! But be careful not to overdo and get injured with the extras.

bob e v
          2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

W6D1 - Had my best run yet today.  I felt great, my pace was a little faster than normal.  

Where'd everyone go?  I know there were more people doing c25k than just me.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DF - Keep up the great work.  I don't think you're alone in doing c25k at this time, but summer is hectic and maybe some group members are straying from their computers while on vacation.  As for me I ran 2 miles this morning on the trail with the dog.  It was fairly cool and overcast but I break into a sweat at the drop of a hat so it didn't take me long to warm up and then soak my t-shirt by the end of the first mile.  Nothing exciting, just a couple of junk miles to help build up a base.

Ran 4 miles on the trail with the dog this beautiful morning.  Didn't see much in the way of wildlife, but I did 4 or 5 walkers and runners and I seldom see that much traffic. 

Anybody signed up for a road race or walk this 4th of July weekend?  I thought about it but decided against it when I realized that the entrance fee was $30.  Not so bad for just one person, but when I considered adding the wife and kids the total came to $150 and that just seems too steep.  Of course, had I considered signing up a couple of weeks ago the price would only have been $25.  Ack!  I'm getting old because I remember when it was only $12 for a local race (late 70's) and only high school kids and adult nuts ran in them.  Well, maybe things haven't changed so much after all.  Smile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Chup - no race plans this weekend but we have a monthly no frills 5k for $1 fee. We reuse our bib numbers and it raises funds for a Georgetown park. Its the cheapest race I've seen, other than free!

I'm trying out a local Gold's Gym that DD2 & DW have joined. Did 15 min on the C2 Rower to warm up (might have been a mistake) then 3mi on a dreadmill with a built in fan. Not enough airflow to make a really big difference... With the different equipment and pool that Planet Fitness does not have I might switch memberships for cross training. Also the cardio area is a bit cooler than PF which is getting important for summer running in Austin. Almost to warm before sun up and for me to warm after!

Keep on keeping on C25K'rs!

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Ran 2 easy miles on the trail with the dog this morning.  It was so muggy that I wished I had run without a shirt.  The darn cotton shirt was dripping with sweat and hung like a rag on me.  I have one "technical" shirt that my wife got me about a year ago and which wicks away the sweat very well.  The shirt just transfers the problem to my shorts because of the volume of sweat and gravity.  You've probably guessed already.  The result is a "Mr. Pee Pants" fashion statement.  :P  I guess I need some technical shorts. 

I hope everyone has a great run this weekend!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Chup - Wal-Mart has great prices on technical shirts and shorts. If ya need to pick up a few at low cost not a bad place to shop. I also like checking out Marshall's and TJ Maxx, especially the clearance products.

bob e v

W6D2 done.  I must have selected the wrong day on my watch because it was the intervals for W6D1.  I did the W6D2 times anyway.  25 minute run on Sunday.

Started c25k on 5/30/11

Ran 4 miles on the trail with Copper this sunny morning.  Hit my target pace so I was pretty happy.  Didn't get out the door until 8:00 and saw lots more runners and bikers than usual.  Took water for the dog but he refused it at miles 2 and 3 so I basically carried it for nothing.  I'll try offering it a couple more times and then I'm leaving it at home. 

bobev - I wore a lighter weight t-shirt today with the same result as before.  I think I'll have to drop by the stores you mentioned and see if I cannot find to try.  By the way, what's the Decker Challenge?

DigitalFirefly - Nice job with week 6.  Have fun running Sunday.