Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 5/31-6/6 (Read 448 times)

Baby bean!

Still waiting on the DH, so C25K is on hold at week 7.  I got out for a maintenance run though.  I don't know how far or fast I went since I hit the stop button on my watch instead of the lap button.  Oh well!

Goals:
    Finish C25K

I'm slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter, but I run.

Ran W8D1 on the trail with Copper this morning.  I saw a heron on the way back which was pretty cool.  I hadn't seen it since before last year's flood.  Looking good for crawdad hunting in the creek with the kids this summer!

sushigirl - I hope things take a turn for the better for your family soon.

My Little Pony hair.

This week is sort of an "off" week for me - my in-laws are visiting from Canada, and so I'm being shuffled along from store to store to help them find things they can't find in their <insert sarcasm>bustling urban metropolis of Red Deer, AB<sarcasm off>.  I'm doing runs when I can, but only with the goal of actually running, and plotting ways to avoid needing to go on a 3-hour drive tomorrow because my MIL wants to go to a quilting store, walk around a store for an hour, and then suffer through another 3-hour drive home.

2011 Goals:

• lose more weight
        • run 1000k
        • be more confident in my running abilities

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop. | my running blog | upcoming races

I'm excited, because yesterday, June 1st, I graduated to Week 5, day one, and it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.  I actually had energy left at the end, added another 5 min. interval, and some other running/walking.   Brag, Brag! I will admit, though, that 5 minutes of just running was not  easy, but I did it.   I didn't need the whole three minutes walking inbetween either, and so only used two.  Today is off, tomorrow I'll repeat Day one, week 5, take off Thurs., and Fri. , and do a 5K on Sat.   Looking forward to it - DD1 andDD3 will be there with me.  Woods Lady

You Are Beautiful.

Yay Woods Lady! Boo Ono! That sucks, family schmamily Wink

I'm just about done with this program! I ran another 3 miles this morning. And got locked out. I posted it in the LLR. I'm over it. It was annoying at the time. He's my DH (not technically but close enough), what can I expect?

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
            Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

Baby bean!

Oh man...it is HUMID here and I am NOT liking it.  76%.  Bleh.  Still NOT back on C25K.  Grrr.  But I got out for an almost 2 miler.  I had to stop 2 times but they totaled 3 minutes.  I had this stomach muscle cramp on my right side that just didn't go away.  It wasn't a side stitch, it wasn't a digestive cramp.  It was like just under my rib cage. 

Cassie, I am so excited for you!  You are kicking butt!!! 

Woods Lady, you are my hero!!!  I applaud you for plowing through and gaining momentum!!!

Go us!

Goals:
              Finish C25K

Ran W8D2 on the trial with Copper this morning.  It was an awesome morning for a run if a bit wet.  My wife took me by surprise last night when she mentioned maybe signing up for a 5K on the 4th of July.  She generally sees running as a necessary evil and prefers almost any other kind of exercise.  Smile  I hope everyone has great runs for the rest of the week.

Hey, Nauseous, don't even think about leaving here when you get through with the program!   Congratulations to you, though.    Please keep on the forum, because we want you for your support  and knowledge.

Chup Chup, I looked at your log - just look at the even upward progress!   Wow! 

Woods lady

Baby bean!

Yay...got out for 1.6 miles (hey, it's National Running Day!) in the rain...I looooove running in the rain!

Goals:
                    Finish C25K

Ive been so off the wagon these last two weeks.  I got a temporary permanet job, started grad school, and got sick.

I tried going out to start my week 8 but after 10 minutes I felt like I was gona keel over and die both times, it was so disappointing.  I guess all the stress is eating my energy up. 

Im going to go out tomorrow to run.  I am definately going to have to track back to week 6. Sad  I need to get back on the wagon.

Wingz

Professional Noob

Ive been so off the wagon these last two weeks.  I got a temporary permanet job, started grad school, and got sick.

I tried going out to start my week 8 but after 10 minutes I felt like I was gona keel over and die both times, it was so disappointing.  I guess all the stress is eating my energy up. 

Im going to go out tomorrow to run.  I am definately going to have to track back to week 6. Sad  I need to get back on the wagon.

It's hard getting back on the wagon after falling off, but it's the most important thing you can do for yourself.  Congratulations on making that decision.

DO fall back in weeks until you can find one that you can do without feeling like it's too much.  The second time through the program (or third, or fourth) will be easier to get through than the first time.  You already know you can do this, for one thing, and also your body will recover and remember what it's doing.

And yes, stress DOES "eat your energy up."  So take it easier.  Slow the pace up.  Make the running as much of a reward as you can, not a punishment.  You should feel good at the end of a workout - if you don't, something's wrong.

Hang in there!  Smile

Roads were made for journeys...

You Are Beautiful.

I'm not going anywhere for awhile Smile

No way, not with the awesome community here!

I mapped a run last night (one of my next hurdles) that is a 5.5 mi loop. That's my next goal. Well, first I have to get 4 miles, I guess. I'm going to say I'm doing the OHR program. I guess. IDK. I'm a grey area!

I skipped my run this morning. I was really tired. And I did two workout videos yesterday (about 30 minutes ab work total). Those damn bicycles kill me!

And I think I found a 10k to run in August (8/1). It's for homelessness so that's good!

My Storygraph

It does not matter how slowly you go, so long as you do not stop. Confucius
                          Be patient and tough, some day this pain will be useful to you. Ovid

You'll learn to let things go. 

I ran W8D3 on the trail with Copper this cool June morning.  It was an all out effort and I was able to knock about 3 minutes off my 3 mile time.  Woot!  I think it helped that I got a little extra rest (skipped the 3 mile walk yesterday) and I was mentally prepared to tough it out.

I looked at the entry fee for the July 4th 5K race and they want $25.  Wow.  Talk about sticker shock.  I was expecting $15.  I guess I need to climb into the time machine and go back to 1980.  Smile  All the same, I'll probably be shopping around for a less expensive outing.

nauseousadrnalin - I may be in the same boat as you I think.  One Hour Runner sounds appealing, but in my case I'm really looking for something that is more distance based rather than time based.  I was thinking of Hal Higdon's 8K novice plan.  I'm also thinking of sticking to 3 miles 3 times a week for a month to continue to build a base and give my body a chance to adjust.

woodslady - Thanks for the comment on my log.  I feel like I've been much more successful on this round of C25K because of the distance emphasis instead of time.  I am able to run farther though slower and I'm much less tired and sore.

I hope everyone has great runs this weekend!  Smile