Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Re-starting to run (Read 195 times)

Hello folks... Last monday I started running again, after I fell off the wagon half a year ago. I did Couch to 5K two years ago. This time, I took another scheme know, a modification of the (here in Belgium well-known) start-to-run program, that brings you to 5K in 10 weeks. The modificated scheme I'm using now is destined for people who have been running until half a year ago, and is 8 weeks, just like Couch to 5 K, so I hope I can get some motivation and encouragement here too, although I'm following a slightly different scheme. For Short: I'm from Belgium, 45 years old, mother of an 11 y.o boy, working full-time in a mental health care institute, and hoping to be able to run the '20K of Brussels' in May... But let me start with just half an hour run/walk this evening Wink

Running in Belgium
    Ann

zzz

good morning!! welcome to the group.... you'll have a lot of fun here and find loads of encouragement... congrats on starting to run again!!!
      redleaf

Congrats on coming back! Big grin

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

The young Mama Bear!

Hi, and welcome! Smile
          Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
          Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
            Welcome and good luck! I'm rather new at this myself and am hooked after just two weeks! You'll find lots of support and encouragement here! Keep us posted!
            Cyndi One Hour Running, Finishing by Jan 3rd! www.brokenscale.blogspot.com
              Thank you for the warm welcome..

Running in Belgium
              Ann

theyapper

On the road again...

Thank you for the warm welcome..
                No problem. Got any warm waffles? Yummm.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

More turtle than hare...

From a fellow re-starter, welcome! Smile
                    Waffles? OK... Brussels Waffles, Liege Waffles... or do you prefere the those crispy 'lukken', thin butterwaffles that are a regional speciality in the western part of our small country?

Running in Belgium
                    Ann