CS_2013Savannah 8.1 mi

Last week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Lpadg 30MAR2013 Sticks & Bones Trail Race 5k Charlotte NC No clue! 29:45, 1AG
    TWHgal 30MAR2013 Sticks & Bones Trail Race 10k Charlotte NC 1:10:00 1:11:09

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Happyfeet
    01APR2013 April Fools Day 500,000cm Classic 5km Salisbury NC na DNS
    Lpadg
    06APR2013 American Open 2-Mile 2mi Cornelius NC <13:00 13:32
    CliveF 06APR2013 American Open 2-Mile 2mi  Cornelius NC <12:30 12:09

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Cliff, next up for me is Fam's 2 mile road race, April 6th. www.americantwomile.com Have you run in Jetton Park, and if so, is it flat?

Jetton Park is "flattish": not table-top flat, but I'd call it pretty gently rolling.  I'm kinda fuzzy on the direction they'll be running it.  Coming from the Start toward the park entrance (if it goes that direction) is the worst hill you'd face.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The race did not happen, Darned kids and their spring time sicknesses

MTA the race probably did happen as scheduled, It was just me who could not go.

Thanks. Ok, I'll take a shot at sub 13 then. It should be a painful good time no matter what.
              TWHgal, how did you like the trail race? I thought it was fun. Felt like a kid with 200 other kids splashing through mud and puddles. I went out way too fast the first half and paid for the tough last half of the 5k but 5k's always hurt.

Lynwood, I might possibly be free SAT morning (not clear quite yet on my schedule).  If so, I'll be at the two-mile as a participant, volunteer, or sarcastic onlooker.

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I liked it! It was a lot of fun and really muddy.  The first half was really slow moving and I got behind some walkers in the first mile.  I gave up trying for a decent time at that point.  My first 3.1 miles were 10 minutes slower than my second.  The last half of the course was awesome!

Cindy 

Cliff, that would be great if you made it in some capacity. I was thinking the $ out to 10 places might entice you. I'll bet there will be some serious speed on the course. TWHGal, I had others tell me the same thing that the second half was better, maybe easier and more fun. some thought the 5k was long and the second half was short. The joys of trail running. Still fun. I'm gonna run the whole Carolina Trail Run Series at this point.

Family plans changed, opening up tomorrow morning for me.  So I'm racing!

And Lynwood, I have no realistic chance at $$$.  Maybe, maybe, I might take my weird 48-55 age group.

-- Dick LeBeau

All right Cliff.  Good to hear. Well, other than the fact I have race you in that weird age group too. I'll shoot for 2nd then. I thought that was strange too.

theyapper

On the road again...

Family plans changed, opening up tomorrow morning for me.  So I'm racing!

And Lynwood, I have no realistic chance at $$$.  Maybe, maybe, I might take my weird 48-55 age group.

That is a weird age group.  Whazzup with that?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

13:32 for my efforts in the 2 mile race. That was fun. Cliff, good to run with you again. I had a surprise girlfriend appearance who brought me coffee, otherwise I would have been glad to run some cool down miles.

That is a weird age group.  Whazzup with that?

My guess: I think they wanted to have a specific number of AG awards, so they created AG divisions to get there.

-- Dick LeBeau

13:32 for my efforts in the 2 mile race. That was fun. Cliff, good to run with you again. I had a surprise girlfriend appearance who brought me coffee, otherwise I would have been glad to run some cool down miles.

Always good to see you.  It took me a second to recognize you in the field -- I tend to get that pre-race vision disorder where you see everything, but nothing in particular.  You also look like you've lost weight, although maybe you just wore baggy running clothes a couple years ago ... ?

I was locked onto Bobby Aswell, a local runner who's my age and wins his AG almost all the time.  He went out relatively hard and was ahead of me by 12sec at the 1mi mark.  I was reeling him in over the second mile ... but ran out of asphalt.  Didn't kick when I saw it was hopeless, lost the AG by 7sec.  Really good race, though, and a great event.

-- Dick LeBeau