Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    CliveF 03JUL2013 Firecracker 5k Charlotte NC Run hard. DNS
    Happyfeet 03JUL2013 Firecracker 5k Charlotte NC na DNS
    CliveF 06JUL2013 Firecracker 5k Huntersville NC Run hard. DNS

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    Lpadg 13JUL2013 XTERRA USNWC Trail 5km Charlotte NC    
    SprinklesRunner 14-17JUL2013 Charlotte Visit na Dilworth-ish NC    

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Cliff, what happened to your racing plans this past week? I thought you were up to that race in Huntersville Sat morning if Wed nite did not work out?

Rob

Don't know what happened to Clive, but I forgot I was on call last weekend, meaning cannot be offline for more than an hour, hence the DNS.      

Was hoping to run the Sat race, but with a new home, the list of things to do is long.

My groin hurts.

Sad

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Shashi, did you move? outside of Gastonia or to a different part?

Clive, sorry to hear abt your groin injury. I've been dealing w/an injured Adductor (groin) along with several quad strains (debilitating knots that feels like my leg is broken at times) for 10 weeks now. Assume the pain as at or very close to the inside leg junction -- does the pain go up to the hip or down along the inside (or confined to the junction area). Did you do some stride work in the prior week (when it may have been tender, or some speed, 200/300/400m work, in the prior week)?

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

OK, I asked this in the race thread, but no response. Maybe here?

Has anyone ever run the Ortho 10K? It's scheduled for August 24. It seems it would be crazy hot and humid, making for a miserable experience, and yet I want to do this. Anyone have any advice?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Rob - I moved to South Charlotte (Ballantyne- close to SC border), hence wanted to run that Firecrakcer 5k which is about 5-6 mile drive from home.

THM- Richard (old-runner) may have run this as he runs more races than anyone I know  (he also has that race on his schedule this year http://old-nc-runner.blogspot.com/ Wink.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Thanks, Shashi, I sent him a PM.

Richard, congrats on your 2nd place finish in the 4 miler
                      Cliff and Robb, I hope your injuries heal fast. Sorry to hear it. I've struggled with some issues lately too and took most of last week off. I am running the 3.2 mile Exterra trail race this Saturday at the WWC.

I don't believe Richard has run the Ortho -- it's not in his Athlinks results, anyway.  (Maybe it had a different name before ... ?)

My groin is feeling better, mostly.  I had a sore/tight abductor after a 16x200 workout on Thursday, but It didn't really bother me on the 6-miler Friday or ~11miler Saturday afternoon.  But it was KILLING ME Saturday evening!  Even laying down and relaxed, it still hurt.  I've taken off SUN, MON and TUE; there'll be a short run after work today to check its status.

I'm guessing it's tendinitis, perhaps where the abductor and/or abdominals attach to the pelvis there.

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Can I complain? I have a tibial sfx that was diagnosed this morning.  I've suspected it for awhile but kept putting off the ortho visit. Now what am I going to do with myself for 12 weeks? Carry on....

Cindy 

Cindy, sorry to hear about your tibia. Are you in a boot or on crutches? I guess you can check back on the Ortho10k next year (but I can tell you it is a challenging course as there are several hills to deal with in miles 2-5 from what I have heard).

Shashi, you didn't tell us that you moved (and you've moved "upmarket" -- not only to South Charlotte, but a prestigious Ballantyne zip code address!). Have you renounced your GCR affiliation yet? Your going to have to switch your focus on your runs from being chased by wild dogs and other varmints, to being on the lookout for SUVs encroaching on you.

Clive, what you have sounds like a tear. Right at the attachment point. Probably hurts when you take that first step, or if you attempt to walk backwards also. I would recommend not doing any strides or workouts for 10 days after it feels good on/after a run.

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Oh, no, Cindy. Sorry to hear this. But in 12 weeks the weather will be better. At least you can avoid this miserable mugginess.

Carolina Blue -- I know the hills. I live right near the route. They do suck.

TWHGal, sorry to hear about a SF, wearing a boot, or crutches cannot be fun.

I think  Clive needs to gain some muscle to avoid these persistent injuries.

And I think I found a way to make running in this weather less miserable, put my treadmill together over the weekend.   Run a mile or two on that dreadful machine, then when I step outside it's downright pleasant for a while.

P.S can't help that sentence starting with a conjunction.