Charlotte, NC area runners

Good luck, runslikeagirl! (Medoc Trail Marathon, 16 OCT 2010) (Read 161 times)

Thought this deserved its own thread.  GOOD LUCK!

(Don't know if they have any kind of athlete tracking, but y'all can scour their site if you'd like.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Yeah it does!  Ashley, you're gonna do great.  The hay is definitely in the barn!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Good luck Ashley... let us know how it goes!

Good Luck Ashley.

You did all the work necessary for this. Now go run it and let us know how it went, so maybe we can put it on our list.

under a rock

Thanks everyone!

I'm still extremely paranoid about catching what ever it is that my son has. Saturday he had a fever of 103, today he now has a nasty cough. This also means no school for him this week and has interrupted my normal running schedule as well as wearing me down since he's acting like velcro. Anybody want to take him off my hands for the next 3 days?

under a rock

Just did my last run before the marathon! I must say my legs feel fresh and I will have to keep myself in check at the start of the race. I do have a bit of sinus clogging thanks to my son but it's nothing I can't run through. Actually my run tonight helped clear out my head nicely. Now to try to stay calm through tomorrow. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come!

I went to the Forestview high school xcountry trail on the recomendation of my pediatrician, who I've seen twice this week. What a nice find. Great place for a short run or speed work  when I'm crunched for time and don't want to do roads.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just did my last run before the marathon! I must say my legs feel fresh and I will have to keep myself in check at the start of the race

Sounds like someone's taper has worked exactly the way it was supposed to.  Big grin

Paul

Best of luck Ashley....and the weather is going to cooperate nicely (forecast is 40's starting the morning).

Rob

Good luck Ashley!

I'm looking forward to the race report, but I'll spoil it with the results:

4:51:40

50th Overall

15th Female

7th in AG (you could throw a blanket over 5-6-7-8 ... if you're into that sort of thing)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

I hope to write a full report tomorrow, too tired to do it tonight.

One little exciting tid bit: My friend, Kay, rocked it by being 4th female her first ever marathon wearing VFF!

under a rock

Quick version:

Had a great time. Great people all around. Lots of tough people that struggled but gutted it out any way, very impressive. The atmosphere of awesome volunteers, great organization, and an awesome RD made it impossible to DNF. One girl on the second lap told me she had a stress fracture in her foot, I thought surely she'd drop at the end of lap 2, but she didn't. Another guy I saw hobbling at the end of lap 2, again I though surely he'd drop, but nope he finished! One guy told me after the race that I inspired him to keep going because I looked so strong out there. Wow, that meant a lot to me and was the biggest compliment I had all day.

My IT band tightened up at the halfway point. I managed to tough it out and finish in a time of 4:51:40. There were lots of tears and lots of growling at myself out loud for self motivation. Glad to be done. Very proud of myself and disappointed with my body at the same time.

Blog Report

If you've never run a trail marathon or race and want to I suggest looking into this one. It's worth the trip! There was also a 10 mile option. Best race ever! The RD was walking around taking photos and talking to everyone before the race. He was even out on the course motivating people. Seriously the nicest bunch of people, from the RD, volunteers, and racers. Always a kind word no matter what.

theyapper

On the road again...

Congrats, Ashley.  A great race, and a good time, too.  I enjoyed your report here (the quick one) but even more on the blog.  Way to tough it out!

Paul

old-runner

Great job on the marathon Ashley! I know that was a tough race. 

Congrats on the race, Ashley.  Way to tough it out!

-- Dick LeBeau