Charlotte, NC area runners

Upcoming races and goals (Read 732 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

No problem.  For the record, I'll be thrilled if my HM time in March is yours.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Hey Paul... Here are some more races I've added to my schedule. Could you add them on the list please? I like the way you're leaving the list up and adding in the results to see if we meet our goals or not... thanks!

January 2011

1/29 - old-runner - Winter Flight 8k - Salisbury, NC - Goal: 35:00

February 2011

2/5 - old-runner - UNC Charlotte Homecoming 5k - Charlotte, NC - Goal: 21:00

2/12 - old-runner - Cupid's Cup 5k - Charlotte, NC - Goal: 21:00

April 2011

4/3 - old-runner - Knoxville Half Marathon - Knoxville, TN - Goal: 1:36:00

May 2011

5/30 - old-runner - Cotton Row Run 10k - Huntsville, AL - Goal: 43:00

June 2011

6/11 - old-runner - Charity Chase Half Marathon - Hickory, NC - Goal: 1:38:00

theyapper

On the road again...

Got 'em.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I'll have to run another half again before Thunder Road, but don't feel like running MB in February. 

How about:

1. Columbia on 05 March?
          2. Charlottesville on 09 April?
          3. Palmetto on 16 April?
          4. Charlotte RaceFest on 16 April?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Please AMEND:

February 2011

2/27 - CliveFenster - Blacksburg Classic 10-Mile - Blacksburg, VA - Goal: (a) sub-1:11; (b) sub-1:12; (c) 1:12:nn; either way, meet Thunder!!!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

In March 2011, please add:

3/26 - CliveFenster - Charlottesville Ten Mile - Charlottesville, VA - Goals: (A,B,C): TBD

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

You can cross my race on Feb 26 off the list. It's clear I won't be doing it, sigh.

Are we there yet?

Corp Cup HM 3/12 Goal Sub 1:19:20 PR.. phew

You can cross my race on Feb 26 off the list. It's clear I won't be doing it, sigh.

And you may likewise kill my 2/27 race, for the same reason.  Sigh.

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

I'm actually signed up for a few races for fall.

Sept 9&10- Blue Ridge Relay

Oct 15- Medoc 10 mile trail run

Paul, I'm adding the Charlotte Museum Mile to my race schedule for April 23rd.  It's only a mile, but I'm gonna try to PR this one.  Thanks.

atomno2

NEWBE here, but planning on running the Charity Chase in Hickory. I will be happy with under 2:00:00  it is my first one.

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

atomno2

Just registered for the Thunder Road Half.  Hoping to pull in a 1:50:00.   We shall see.  I will have a better idea closer to the race.

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

Mary

There is a Race on Thanksgiving day in Cornelius, NC.  It is called the Lake Norman Turkey Trot.  I run the race every year; it is a fairly flat course.  The only thing is that the weather is extremely cold!!! The details are on the link provided.

http://www.epicsportsmarketing.com/events/lake-norman-turkey-trot

Hi Mary,

welcome to the group! The race that you mention, the Lake Norman Turkey Trot, is infamous. I remember that last year, that race received a ton of negative comments (if you go on active for that race from last year the negative comments are extensive) and it got to the point that this was included in one Theoden James blogs on the Charlotte Observer. One of the people in the Charlotte Meet-Up Wed run was actually talking about this last week. He was saying that the 1/2 Marathon course was only 10.7 miles (and how people were then using their "enhanced" times to try to qualify for the NYC Marathon), there were no marshals on the course, the courses were not marked and that the 5k course was about about a 1/2 mile short.  Did someone else take over management for the race because that would change things (everyone was talking about someone named Buttar who was the race director and responsible for this, plus he was a Doctor with a very questionable past based upon some of the links provided by those who posted on active).  

Rob