Charlotte, NC area runners

2013 Races (Read 306 times)

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Thanks for the head's up on that 10 miler. I may do that one.

Cindy 

There's a 10 miler here in February that goes along the McMullen Greenway. Is anyone considering that?

I ran it last year, as did nanxin.  Pretty benign course except for the 0.75-mile long hill late in the ninth mile.  If it fits my spring schedule, I'd definitely run it again.

Charlotte Ten-Miler website

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

2/23 -- CliveF -- Charlotte Ten-Miler (10mi) -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = 68min

3/16 -- CliveF -- Charlottesville Ten Miler (10mi) -- Charlottesville VA -- Goal = 67min

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

1/26/13- Mountain in the Middle 17k, Columbia SC. No goal since I haven't been training.

Cindy 

under a rock

I am finally signed up for a race after over a year and a half of not racing!

2/9/13- Expedition Paris Mountain 10 mile trail race, Greenville, SC- goal: to have fun and finish!

My "A" race for the spring:

6/7 -- CliveF -- China Grove Main Street Challenge (5km) -- China Grove NC -- Goal = 18:45

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I have a race to add to the list and one to remove.

Add:  Kings Mtn half marathon on April 27th.

Drop:  Eastern Divide 50k.  I'm not sure I will even do an ultra this year. Confused

Cindy 

NNutr

3/2-3/3 DoubleTop 100M

6/8 Bethel Hill Moonlight Boogie 50M

9/22-9/23 Georgia Jewel 100M

11/2-11/3 Pinhoti 100M

Anyone in the charlotte area gonna make these races?  I'd be happy to meetup and plan some runs together!

2/23 -- CliveF -- Cupid's Cup (5k) -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = 19:15

Not registered yet, I still have to lock in a babysitter ... but I think I'm a GO.

-- Dick LeBeau

3/16 -- CliveF -- Charlottesville Ten Miler (10mi) -- Charlottesville VA -- Goal = 67min

Scratch this one, please.  My spring focus is on the 5k/10k distance, and I think I'm going to run something shorter and local instead of traveling to (and incurring the $$$ of) this one.

-- Dick LeBeau

Race Fest is a scratch. Next up will be the FreeMore West 5k, Friday April 12th. Not sure of the course and hills, so I'll shoot for sub 22.

Oh yeah ... and I'm in for APR:

4/13 -- CliveF -- Ukrops Monument Avenue (10km) -- Richmond VA -- Goal = sub-40

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

My new goal for the Tar Heel 10 miler on Saturday is 1:34:59. Still maybe too ambitious.

Finished is 1:33:21. Fun race, put it on your to do list!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Put me on the May racing calendar with the JFS Friends 5K on May 12 at Shalom Park. With any luck there will be falafel at the end.

Goal: 27:45 (one second faster than last year)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Finished my 5K in 27:11. Not as fast as most of you, but I did get 1st in my AG. No complaints here.