alholley 4.3 mi

Last week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Lpadg 12APR2013 FreeMoreWest 5km Charlotte NC <22:00 22:52 (hilly!)
    CliveF 13APR2013 Ukrops Monument Ave. 10km Richmond VA <40:00 42:01 (medical issues)
    old-runner 13APR2013 Charlotte Race Fest 13.1mi Charlotte NC <1:40 1:37:31
    TWHgal 13APR2013 Charlotte Race Fest 13.1mi Charlotte NC <2:05 DNS?
    SForrester 15APR2013 Boston 26.2mi Boston MA na  

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Tar Heel Mom
    20APR2013 Tar Heel 10-Miler 10mi RTP, NC sub-1:35  

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Happy Birthday to Clive Fenster!

Congratulations on becoming a Grand Master!

Smile

old-runner

Talkative bunch this week!

Anybody racing this weekend? I'm doing the Run for the Money 5k in Gastonia. My goal is for everybody over 60 who's faster than me to stay home. First place in each 10-year age group get to direct $500 to the local charity of their choice and I'm running for the organization that provides a home for my wife's handicapped sister.

Talkative bunch this week!

We've been all glued to our TV sets watching what has been going on in Boston in terms of capturing the terrorists! Is anyone participating in the various Boston Marathon support runs over the weekend & on Monday?

Clive, I didn't realize that you were that old? Why didn't you tell us abt your b-day ahead of time. I guess this explains your recent medically induced race results as of late. If your interested, I have some contacts and I think your storyline would work really well for a FloMax commercial....the tagline being "I ran under 40 min on my 10K with FloMax",  or "Extend Your Run with FloMax", where in the "before" it shows you at the start of your 10k fidgeting around, and then a mile with a look of concern, and then 3 miles in w/a strained look, searching frantically for a port-a-john, kind of hobbling as you have a serious urge to go, and then going into the port-a-john, we then see a stream (no pun intended) of runners passing the port-a-john (with a close up the "Occupied" status), and then as your finally coming out of the port-a-john Margaret Haggerty is running by (we'll need to get her to sign on). And then of course the storyboard of you on FloMax where your confidently running along, no strain, no frantic searching, and then cruising by the finish line with a relaxed smile. What do you think (can you indemnify me for any possible HPPA violation for this btw)?

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Finished TarHeel 10 miler in 1:33:21. Very happy with that.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

That's great Tar Heel Mom! Congrats on beating your goal also!

Richard, no races for me for awhile.  Next up for me, most likely, is the Ragnar Trail Series Race in WVA.  That's not until June. We have three 8 person teams and one 4 person Ultra team going.  Should be a fun camping relay, as it centers around a main camp with each runner running 3 loops off the main area.  15 miles for each runner, broken up, so it shouldn't be too difficult.

I did have a busy running day, as I went out to the Stallings Elementary School to help a friend and teacher who organized a 1+ mile trail run for the students.  That was fun to see them getting exposed to racing and getting exposed to a healthy lifestyle.  GoRunTrails did the timing.  My friend had all the age/class level awards, and the overall winners too, just like any other race.  Those kids will will remember today.

This afternoon, I had time to fit in a trail run with my oldest daughter. We ran a 3 mile trail run at the White Water Center during the Tuck Fest going on this weekend.  Fun times out there right now.  To avoid the bike traffic, we ran some of the harder portions and she handled it well and now wants to go back.  I see some trail racing in her future I think.