Charlotte, NC area runners

Little Sugar Creek Greenway (Read 12 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I really do love running on this greenway. It's less than a mile from my townhouse. But since the rains started from TS Andrea, it's been a raging flood near CPCC. Then I heard that a woman got attacked on the greenway near Freedom Park on Tuesday.

Yesterday I ran down Randolph to Wendover to Sharon but I had to stop at an intersection to wait for a light almost every 2 min.

Anyone know any decent surface streets to run near Elizabeth? I'll probably run down Randolph again (of course, when you get to the Wendover intersection, it is UP), but the street crossing will be worse on a work day. Blech. Help.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

The women who got attacked was on the greenway path on the other side of the creek behind the tennis courts (where there is lots of vegetation more on the side towards Maryland Street). If you choose to run along the walk paths around the lakes and out either in the parking lot/road or to the secondary greenway path to the side as an alternate route, you will then avoid that "obscured portion" of the greenway. The remainder of the greenway (either to the Hospital or towards Park Rd shopping center) is all out in the open.

I think Elizabeth is worse with multiple street crossings and "in need of repair" sidewalks.

Rob