Lpadg 24.0 mi
    alholley 18.6 mi
    laurabs24 18.2 mi
    fraggle 4.1 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Clive, you did not register a mile last week. Are you injured (there have many puddles to jump in this summer)?

Rob

Not sure if I ran and just haven't uploaded it or not ...

Yeah.

I've had stitches and stitch "threats" on and off for a while.  Maybe I'm not using the right term -- I mean like a cramp in an abdominal muscle, anywhere from midline to toward the hip crest, beltline to a couple fingers below.  Anyway, I ran some 200 pickups back on 04JUL.  Last one was downhill, and I think I leaned back some and overstrode after I finished it.  My right adductor was a little tight for a couple days, no big deal.  Two days later, I ran an easy 11mi.  That evening, my groin was KILLING me.  Centered at the pubic bone, maybe slightly to the right.

I thought (hoped?) it was just tendinitis, so I eased off to let it recover.  It hasn't.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I would visit that Doctor that you had success with in treating some of your prior ailments. From what you describe it sounds a lot like what I had two years ago when I dislocated my pubic bone (or a hernia). You can dislocate your pubic bone if you do certain (extreme) stretching or place stress/force in that area (plyometrics) and combine that with running 40-50 miles per week including workouts. The hip flexor pain I had was intense and along the hip crestline. I went to my orthopedic who had no idea. I then immediately went to my PT who diagnosed it within 2 min and popped it back into place (not a fun procedure). After a week off I was able to resume running. However, the pain persisted in the hip flexor and soft tissues for another 3-4 months (it would hurt like crazy for the first 4-5 minutes and then go away, and fortunately over time that period of pain decreased).

Rob