CliveFenster 43.2 Mi 6:18:06
    ChakaKahn 40.6 Mi 5:23:51
    theyapper66  33.5 Mi 5:58:07
    runslikeagirl 27.1 Mi 5:27:28
    chuckplayer 26.2 Mi 3:41:41
    old-runner 24.3 Mi 3:16:43
    alholley 12.4 Mi 1:53:27
    cpaterun 8.3 Mi 1:19:45

Gonna be some great times in fall races this year.  I know Richard ran Asheville last week - congrats on a good race on a tough course.  Did anyone else race?

I'll be out later for my run.  Slept in a bit this morning instead of running early.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Some nice weekly totals and individual workouts in there.  People are getting out there and doing some work!

I'm rolling off the throttle even more this week, with ~35mi on tap.  First week of taper for Twin Cities.  Getting nervous!  (I'm doing 12 this Sunday, if the Gastonia Long-Runners want to get together again.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Some nice weekly totals and individual workouts in there.  People are getting out there and doing some work!

I'm rolling off the throttle even more this week, with ~35mi on tap.  First week of taper for Twin Cities.  Getting nervous!  (I'm doing 12 this Sunday, if the Gastonia Long-Runners want to get together again.)

Was thinking of running the Brixx 10k this Saturday, and doing the course a second time to get my planned 12 miles this week.  Let me know if you want to do this as well, or we can run together Sunday perhaps a bit later in the morning.

theyapper

On the road again...

Did my 4.  Picked the pace up a bit just for the heck of it and didn't like it much.  Roll eyes

Paul

old-runner

The Gastonia long run on Sunday sounds great to me. CliveFenster and Happyfeet... you guys decide when you want to meet and I'll be there. I need to try to run at least 16 this Sunday if I'm able to, so if you guys run 12 that'll give me a good start at least. I think I'll be okay by Sunday. I managed 4 miles today but my calves are still sore as heck from running up and down all those mountains in the half mary on Saturday. 

under a rock

Hey, Richard, it seems we were both out that way on saturday. I ran a brutal but fun run up the Kitsuma Peak out in the Old Fort/Black Mountain area on Saturday. My calves are still sore today just like Richard. I definitely need to get out west more to do some real hill running.

old-runner

Hey Ashley... I had never heard of the Kitsuma Peak so I Googled it just now... ugh... no wonder your calves are sore. It looks way worse than the half marathon. Looks like you're ready for your marathon (unlike me). 

theyapper

On the road again...

Ashley - I looked at your run and the elevation chart and it blew my mind.  Here it is for those who are curious:

Peak

Yep, that is a 1600 foot climb.  Wow.

Makes my relatively flat 8 mile run this morning pale in comparison.  Great job!

MTA: Had to make the image show up.

Paul

Stairway To Heaven?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Wow Ashley some climb.  The downhill must have been painful as well if you were trying to brake.

How does it compare to the Crowder's climb up the tower trail?

under a rock

Wow Ashley some climb.  The downhill must have been painful as well if you were trying to brake.

How does it compare to the Crowder's climb up the tower trail?

The downhill wasn't painful at all since I rarely brake! I did a lot of pretending to be an airplane, wings out and flapping.Big grin My split for the way out was 1:04:45 and the way back was 50:54.

I've never climbed up the tower trail. I've gone up the rock top from the direction of sparrow springs rd. I'd compare it to doing something similar to rock top from sparrow springs to the actual rock top but much, much longer. Or if you stacked it on top of the pinnacle trail they might come close to comparing.  And the footing was all churned up due to trail maintence so it made the climb up harder to get good footing but made running down fun since there was less impact, just had to look out for stray limbs and large roots sticking out of the footing waiting to impale you. There was one section on the way down that my butt was almost touching the trail  because it was so steep, could have just slid down it. As tough as it was it was also tons of fun.

First run in Charlotte this evening after a week in NY where the temps were in the 70's and 60's...wow, this heat is most unwelcome (92 degrees at the start).  Looking at forecast I now need to get acclimated to the heat again.  I thought we were done with these 90's?  It was so nice to complete a run without my shorts dripping wet and my shoes soaked through (and at the end panting like I envision Clive's dog would if he was out in this).  

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Rob - I went out today to run my 8 mile MP run and it was 81F.  Where, or where, did the fall temps go?

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Just under 4 more miles this evening with my sons' XC team.  95F on the first day of fall.  Sheesh.

Paul

old-runner

CliveFenster and Happyfeet... Didn't know what you guys are planning as far as a long run but I think I'm going to need to cancel. I need a long run this weekend but I'm not sure how far I'm going to get so whatever I do I probably should just do it by myself in case I have to drop out. Looks like the old man aches and pains are about to overtake me!

Dead