alholley 57.3 mi
    theyapper66  48.7 mi
    fraggle 44.9 mi
    Strick 31.8 mi
    asdg123 30.5 mi
    TWHgal 27.4 mi
    CliveF  14.4 mi
    rossruns 3.1 mi

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Slow group (post-wise), so let's try the four-week approach ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

We would have posted, but none of us knew what a fortnight was! December we understand!

I had a nice run with Lynwood (Lpadg) this morning over at the Ugly Sweater Run in Charlotte. First time I've run with him since he and Cliff came over and ran with me and Shashi back in 2010 (I think that's when it was)!

Anybody running the Mount Mourne Christmas Elf 5k next week besides me? It's a good one.

Good running with you Richard.  First time at 16 miles for me today, so I topped our 2010 run.  I think we ran 15 that day, and hadn't really wanted to run that far since.  heh  By the time I got back from the last 4  today almost everybody was gone.  I should have run faster.

Next race for me will be the January Charlotte Running Company trail race at WWC. Then Myrtle Beach if I hold up.

A little slow on the draw here, but ...

I didn't race the Elf Run, but my son and I did manage to make it up there to cheer for folks.  He was impressed by Fam's speed ... and by Richard's hair!

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

A little slow on the draw here, but ...

I didn't race the Elf Run, but my son and I did manage to make it up there to cheer for folks.  He was impressed by Fam's speed ... and by Richard's hair!

Hahaha... I'm glad to see that my hair ranks right up there with Fam's speed (or at least close enough to be mentioned).

I think you'll agree by the before and after pics below that I look better with long hair, and it makes me look younger !!!

Before (with short hair - age 57):

Richard with no hair

After: (with long hair - age 61):

Richard with hair

Yep, you look good with the lifeguard look Richard.  Enjoy it while ya got it I say. Unfortunately....I can't.  hah

Looks like you ran a good race though.

Richard, the approach you took for your before/after picture reminds me of those weight loss ads where someone uses a terrible picture of themselves for the before shot. So for your before picture you used a picture of you in a gurney and it looks like near death (hilarious in terms of choice of picture)! The first question that came to my mind is that if this is from a race you must have beaten Clive to the finish (because if he beat you to the finish, as is his usual custom after a race, he would be in that gurney, hooked up to an IV, and oxygen mask & you would have had to wait in the background -- I guess if you took that picture and uncropped it we would probably be able to see Clive in the background). What is the real story behind that photo btw? In your after photo you look like your tenured and teach Philosophy at Faber College (and if you pony tail it then next time your in Hawaii I can hook you up w/my friend who is a life guard captain on the beach for a job)?

Rob

old-runner

Haha... Faber College... I don't think Clive was at that particular race, or if he was it was before I knew him. It was the 2009 New Jersey Marathon, my 30th race.

http://old-nc-runner.blogspot.com/2011/03/race-30-new-jersey-marathon-long-branch.html

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Anyone running the trail races at the Springs greenway on Jan 1st? I'm planning on jogging the 5k.

Cindy 

TWHGal, I'm not racing that morning but running from the Dairy Barn with my trail group at 11:45.  Some of the racers will head over for additional mileage.  Come on over for more if you're interested.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Thanks for the invitation but I'll be heading home after the race to watch the Winter Classic!  Have fun! I'm sure the trails will be nice and muddy today.

Cindy