alholley 8.5 mi
    theyapper66 5 mi

Race fans were disappointed to see:

RUNNER DATE RACE LOCATION DIST GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    Nothing!            

This week:            
     old-runner 11AUG2012 Rock 'n' Run Charlotte NC 5k    

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Great under-the-radar 5k coming up this weekend -- the Rock 'n Run 5k at the NC Music Factory. I'm running it and hope some of you who aren't on the disabled list will too. Last year I was 20:29... this year it will be a miracle if I can break 21 minutes. Probably more like 22:00 since I haven't run fast in a couple weeks. It's a fast course though.

If you go be sure to buy one or more raffle tickets if they're doing that this year. I was kicking myself last year for not buying any. The raffle was after the awards and most people had already left. They were giving big screen TVs and all kinds of unbelievable stuff and they'd just keep calling out numbers until somebody was there. Of course things might be different this year. 

Last year John Ahrens (WSOC weatherman) did the awards and was fantastic at it... best awards ceremony of the year. 

Here's the website...

http://0306b45.netsolhost.com/NCRockandRun/

theyapper

On the road again...

That race looks interesting.  Maybe...

Been out of town at camps the last week and have been very active outdoors but very little running.  Back home now, though, and a good run this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul