Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/28/2011 (Read 255 times)

Lynwood, my condolences to you on your loss.  Hope running helps you clear your mind a bit.  

I might run the Racefest Half and will see you out there if I do run it.  Will see if I can stay with you  until the split.

Thank you all for your comments. I really appreciate them.  51 is way too young. 

Running has definitely helped! 

Shashi, what kind of time are you shooting for?  Especially the first half.  I'm sitting here now wondering where I got 45 minutes for a goal time anyway, especially on that course.

I am hoping for 1:48, I typically go out a bit  fast and normally get to 3 miles around 24:00 min mark.  While 45 min for a 10K might be aggressive for you, its not impossible on the right day.  With a 1:51:00 Half I have a 22:50 5K (which being a week before the monkey marathon I did not run all out), and just need to run another 5K at that pace to hit 45:00-46:00. Your Half PR is 2 minutes faster, so you definitely have a chance.

Not to be the wet blanket, but I'd predict more like A=sub-46:40, B=sub-47:20, and C=sub-48:00.  But I'm not familiar with the RaceFest course -- I'm just assuming it's similar to the Thunder Road HM course.

Either way, good luck!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

All right.  I think Clive has a good target for me, and a fair one.  Shashi, we'll still give it our best though.   I will be fun....as soon as I get to the finish line!