Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 5/9/2011 (Read 186 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Not sure if anyone raced last week?  I don't remember seeing any times, so just have the running totals from the week to start off this thread.  Last week started great for me, but bottomed out quickly as I spent the majority of my week either in the front yard totally redoing it or inside recovering from the yardwork!  Oh, well.  It's still fitness, right?

Some great numbers here.  Nice to see a lot of you solidly in the 40's.  Of course, it wasn't close at the top!  Congrats, Aaron.

amlinz 79.1 mi 9:31:08
    nanxin 45.5 mi 6:36:09
    Happyfeet 43.5 mi 6:45:22
    CarolinaBlue 42.5 mi 5:38:50
    old-runner 32.5 mi 4:50:35
    cpaterun 21 mi 2:56:37
    runslikeafraggle 17.4 mi 3:12:23
    CliveF 15.9 mi 2:31:46
    theyapper66  14.3 mi 2:13:34
    rossruns 12.1 mi 1:52:06
    alholley 9.1 mi 1:21:44
    ChakaKahn 7 mi 53:00

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

I ran the New River Half Marathon on Saturday. Possibly the hardest half marathon I've ever run. My time wasn't great (1:46:41) but I was 43rd overall out of 432 finishers so a lot of people were worse off than me. Never seen so many hills, and I'm not sure I ever wanna see that many again. 

Richard,

cmon....it was a net -16 ft downhill (according to your Garmin)!  J/K   I looked at your map and saw almost 3,100 vertical climb (I thought initially it was a mistake).  Your legs must really be hurting now!  It looks like you ran up (and then down) three Spencer Mountains within a half marathon!

Rob

old-runner

Wow Rob... thanks for that info! I didn't even look at the map. So it was a 3100 foot vertical climb... maybe I'll get my blog written after all! Been trying to think of something to write other than I'm out of shape (they've heard that before). 

Oh, I also met ChakaKahn at the race... first time I've met him. 

Anyone race this weekend? How did you fare this week with the higher temps and higher humidity (I really felt it on Thursday for whatever reason)?

Rob

nanxin

I ran the Ballantyne 10K yesterday, chip time is 44:41, #3 of the AG, and #1 and #2 of my AG are also overall #1 and #3. As Rob reminded, the course is a rolling course and also confusing, the course merged with the 5K course during the second and third mile, I had to zigzag through the slow 5K runners and walkers. I think the most confusing part of the course is near the finish line, the music is getting loud and people is cheering on the sides, I even can see the finish clock on the finish line ahead, I was all-out at that time till the volunteer pointed the direction away from the finish line, then I checked my watch and there is still 0.2 mile to go…

BTW, my friend won the race, he was 30+ pounds more 4 year ago and this is his frist win of a race, I felt rally happy for him. Smile

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)