TWHgal 13.5 mi
    jdbrown 7.6 mi
    alholley 7.3 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
      nada          

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

What the heck, people?  Has everyone moved out of the area?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Did you know that running sucks here in the summer?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I'm learning that lesson anew this month.

Dead

-- Dick LeBeau

Did you know that running sucks here in the summer?

A trip to India in May/June will fix that.  After 100 degree + days  70's and 80's are downright cold at least for a week or two.  Yesterday was a suffer fest though.  I thought the heat conditioning effect would last a bit longer than a week and a half.

What the heck, people?  Has everyone moved out of the area?

I've been in "injury hell" since the beginning of May and so not as social. Plus I think everyone is awaiting more on your exploits as given the very high dew points your races could take on epic proportions.

Shashi, temperature is relative but its the dew points that get to you. Over the past week the dew points have been in the 70s which is very dreadful (when the dew pt rises above 65 is when it gets to be really uncomfortable -- above 70 is much much worse). The pace conversion (for heat of which humidity is a big factor) over the past several days has been close 25 seconds per mile.

Rob

Rob, sorry to hear you're injured.

I'm refraining from any race exploits in the near term.  I may run a Fourth of July race somewhere, but otherwise nothing on the horizon for a good lone while.  Y'all will just have to find your vicarious thrills elsewhere.

-- Dick LeBeau

I vividly remember the last race that basically broke my confidence.  July 4th 4 miler, walked the last mile for crissakes, pace was much slower than my 10K pace, about what I run a HM at.

Runs like this morning - 75 degree temp with DP of 72, should make me stronger right?

theyapper

On the road again...

Runs like this morning - 75 degree temp with DP of 72, should make me stronger right?

Uggh. That was mine this morning, too.  I kept telling myself that it'll pay off in October.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I vividly remember the last race that basically broke my confidence.  July 4th 4 miler, walked the last mile for crissakes, pace was much slower than my 10K pace, about what I run a HM at.

Shashi, you need to run those races in the Gastonia/Mt. Holly area so that you have dogs chasing you and thus the motivation not to walk that last mile. I thought you would have already been a lot stronger and adapted to these high dew points by running while you were in India?

Clive, the group may take up a collection to fund your entry fees to certain races that are on particularly hot days this summer (and races longer than 5k as once the distance goes beyond 5k for you the results are always interesting). If anyone is affiliated with a research university or such you should pitch Clive as an interesting test subject and we could move the funding "off group"?

Paul, how are things with running in the Newtons (have you adapted -- no sore calf issues)?

Rob