Last week's races:

RUNNER DATE RACE DIST LOCATION GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    Lpadg 21OCT2012 NC Oyster Festival 10k Ocean Isle Beach NC na 43:56

This week:            
    alholley 27OCT2012 Runway 5k
    5k Charlotte NC na 25:20

Halloween runs, anyone?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Way to run Clive. Top mileage dog for the week. By the way, my time was for a 10k.

Yeah, I thought you were faster than that!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Lynwood,

is that a PR for you in a 10k? Was the course flat as advertised? How was the race given the prize money involved (did they get fast runners to race)?

Rob

under a rock

Way to run Clive. Top mileage dog for the week. By the way, my time was for a 10k.

That's a great 10k time, congrats!

No problem Clive.  Not many 10k's around. They did have a 5k also, and my daughter raced. By memory, 85 in the 10k, and 275 in the 5k. She won her age group with a 26:33 and five minutes off her earlier race this year.  I can't find results anywhere, but will keep looking. I won my age group and was very excited as the times were being posted.  Then later I saw only 1 other guy my age.  heh  I did finish 13th out of the 85 though.

Thanks Ashley.  Gotta be all the trail running, right?  

Rob, yes that was a PR.  I think my RaceFest 10k was 47 + so I'm happy with my progress so far.  The course was totally flat as they didn't run us across the bridge like the half.  The only problem is the wind.  3 miles out into the wind, at maybe 5 - 8 mph.  It wasn't horrible, but noticeable.  They only had the "one mile" marker which was painted on the pavement.  Who knows how accurate that was.  I came across at 6:19 and got a little worried but felt good so I just slowed down a little knowing I wouldn't last 6.2..  It didn't seem to bother me too much. 

The top finishers ran a 5:11, 5:33, 5:49 and the first female was 4th at 5:50.  I can't remember the 5K times at all.  It seemed like maybe 20 really fast looking guys and girls up front, as the 5k and 10k started together.  2 turnarounds also.  Really nice event overall. 

under a rock

Definitely gotta be the trails! Trails do a lot of speedwork type building without you even knowing you're doing it.

I can't find results anywhere, but will keep looking.

HELLO!

-- Dick LeBeau

Lynwood,

how many times can you say that you finished 12 places out of the money for the Overall or 4 places fr the money for Overall Masters? Did you think of our conversation fr that prior Wed when you ran past the painted 1 mile mark in terms of how inaccurate these (and where the timers are stationed) on the course -- if you took for the real mile mark you probably would have slowed considerably not realizing that your pace was probably spot on at that point? Are you going to parley this into running any more races this fall/winter?

Rob

Thanks Clive. That was fast.  I should have asked you to begin with. 

Rob, that's exactly what I was thinking about, and laughed when I crossed it the first time.  There was a turnaround maybe .75 in, so I knew I would cross it for the "mile".  It kind of messed with me a little considering my PR mile was 6:28.  I was hoping there would be more markers, but the only other one I saw was a sign at the 4 mile point and I was at just over a 7 min pace with a straight road and 2.2 to go.  I guess you're right, as cherry picking looks like a viable option for me in the future.  I'm gonna do the Thunder Road half, and haven't thought about any others yet. 

Runway 5k, anyone?

HFFA (Huntersville) Fall Harvest 10k/5k, anyone?  (First time I'll miss this race since 2009.)

Hog Jog 5k, anyone?

Race The Reaper 5k, anyone?

Monster Dash 10k/5k, anyone?

West Cabarrus YMCA Pumpkin Roll 5K, anyone?

-- Dick LeBeau

I was planning to run Runway tomorrow but unfortunately an unwanted guest made an unwanted appearance last week which forced me out of this.

Rob

I ran the Runway 5K. Pretty windy out there. 25:20

Adrian