Charlotte, NC area runners

Anybody running the 10 miler this weekend? (Read 9 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I am.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Wish it were a Sunday race, the race being mostly on my long run course.  Kid's swimming takes precedence on Sat mornings.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I've heard the greenway is pretty muddy over there. Should be a real trainwreck.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Yeah, racing hard if it rains hard either Thursday of Friday is going to be fun.

Last year, the greenway was under water and mud until only a day before the race.  (Almost canceled.)  Even for the race, stretches of it were under some water -- my shoes were soaked before the halfway mark.  But footing was still very good!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Good luck THM!

Good Luck THM

The footing is generally not an issue, the running though the water puddles could actually be fun, but racing on a couple of sections could be tricky if it's just muddy (over the wooden decking parts where it floods in a couple of spots). Hopefully today's rain was just enough to wash away the mud and not flood the greenway again. I might run the race route tomorrow afternoon