Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 2/9 (Read 193 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I won't get out and run until later today, but thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. Here's to good runs for us all!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Put in a nice easy 4 mile Monday run. Weather is awfully nice, isn't it? Smile

Paul

old-runner

Great weather! I hate to see it get cold again. I've got to be in Charlotte this afternoon so I'm running around the lake at Freedom Park. I haven't run over there before and have been wanting to. There are two good races in Charlotte this weekend: the Cupid's Cup 5k and the UNCC Homecoming 5k. I'm running in the Cupid's Cup race... anybody else doing either of those? Links: http://www.charlotterunning.com/cupidscup/ http://www.recservices.uncc.edu/HC5K.htm
          Thanks for that link, I might do the Cupid's cup as it should be a nice downhill run going south on East Blvd.
            Hey Guys, I'm running the Myrtle Beach half marathon this weekend. I've done the full the past two years, so this will be interesting. My training has been solid lately. I'm still carrying more weight than I want, but I guess I have until Boston in April to shed these last 10 pounds. Tongue Goal time: Sub 1:29. So far the forecast is looking good. Hopefully it stays that way. Roll eyes
            theyapper

On the road again...

Good luck down at MB, Docster. I had hoped to run the half as well, but my training hit a snag first of the year. Oh well, I'll just keep building up the base.

Paul

old-runner

Docster... Congratulations on the half marathon PR of 1:27:54 at Myrtle Beach! Wish I could run like that. I'm just hoping crack the 2-hour barrier at the Corporate Cup in Charlotte in a couple of weeks.