jdbrown 12.5 mi
    alholley 11.8 mi
    fraggle 11.2 mi
    SForrester 4.8 mi

Who ran fast?  Who's going to?

RUNNER DATE RACE LOCATION DIST GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    atomno2 18AUG2012 Soldiers Reunion Newton NC 5k 26-ish 26:21
    old-runner 18AUG2012 Too Hot To Trot Indoor HM  Winston-Salem NC HM   1:39:13

This week:            

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Did Richard leave the group?  I notice he's not in the mileage or members lists.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Looks like he did leave, although still on RA.  

Clive, when is your marathon? 

I noticed Han ran the Greek Festival 5k Saturday morning (I was looking at the results). Han, was your performance it in-line w/your expectations?

Rob

@Happyfeet -- Richmond, 10NOV2012 ... eight days before Monkey.  (Which is why I decided not to enter the lottery after all.)

@Han -- nice race!  How were the hills?  Crowds?

-- Dick LeBeau

nanxin

I noticed Han ran the Greek Festival 5k Saturday morning (I was looking at the results). Han, was your performance it in-line w/your expectations?

This is my first "serious" 5K in one year, my expectation was really low given I didn't do much hard work-out like tempo or interval because of PF, but I still cannot believe I did 20:01, which is the same as my PR which I did one year ago at NC music factory 5K, but this course is much flatter so I assume I made no progress but slight backward for the last one year. Also again, I am 2 seconds short to break my 20 minutes 5K dream.

Han -- nice race!  How were the hills?  Crowds?

The course pabably the flatest 5K course here, I arrived to the start line too late, so I have to manage my way out of slow runners, I did it in quater a mile and it was no a big deal.

Clive, good luck on your marathon training, I will do my marathon again in 4 weeks, I hoped to BQ this time, but given my current fitness level, I think it is realatic to set the goal lower.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Clive, good luck on your marathon training, I will do my marathon again in 4 weeks, I hoped to BQ this time, but given my current fitness level, I think it is realatic to set the goal lower.

Thanks! I can't wait for cooler weather!

Which one are you running?  (I didn't see a training plan in your log that covered that date range.) Duh, I see now it's Erie.

-- Dick LeBeau

Cooler (dryer) weather coming this weekend! Made a difference tonite where I ran really really (really really) slow yesterday during our Wed night group run (with Lynwood). Everyone is invited -- next Wed at 6:30 and meet in front of the Charlotte Running Company in Dilworth. Clive, your invited but you need to be patient and not run without us like last time (and since you do yoga you can team up w/Lynwood on a "yoga double" in the 105 degree hot yoga class Lynwood goes to after the run)!

Rob

My one and only WED Dilworth run, I left when the group left.  Be on time next time.

Evil

I'll have to ponder.  WED is my yoga night, you know, and I'm also not into that Bikram stuff.  I sweat enough as it is.

-- Dick LeBeau