Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 5/2/2011 (Read 266 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Last week's mileage "competition" wasn't even close. Wow!  Nice running, amlinz!

I'm a bit pressed for time early this week, so I'll come back and hand out the Blue Ribbon a bit later.  Just wanted to at least get the thread started (sorry for being a day late)

amlinz 62.7 mi 7:28:00
    Happyfeet 38.6 mi 6:10:20
    nanxin 37.7 mi 5:22:25
    CarolinaBlue 37.1 mi 5:03:47
    old-runner 33.1 mi 4:58:28
    theyapper66  30.2 mi 4:45:31
    cpaterun 21 mi 3:02:44
    CliveF 15.8 mi 2:37:34
    rossruns 12 mi 1:54:54
    runslikeafraggle 8.3 mi 1:25:41
    ChakaKahn 7.3 mi 1:00:00

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Han,

what race are your targeting for your 5k in June? Noticed that your running the 10K in Ballantyne -- that is a very "rolling" course (and somewhat confusing).

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Beautiful day out today.  Easy few miles then a fun half-mile run with my daughter.  Hope everyone's doing well!

Paul

That time next to our mileage makes me feel so slow compared to the rest of you guys.  Aaron covered 24 more miles in only an hour more of running

Enjoy the weather the next couple of days.

nanxin

Han,

what race are your targeting for your 5k in June? Noticed that your running the 10K in Ballantyne -- that is a very "rolling" course (and somewhat confusing).

I haven't decided yet, but it may be the Summer Breeze 5K, I read Richard's two reports in 2009 and 2010, it seems that it is one of the oldest road race in town, and it has separate starting time for men and women. I think the race would definitely be different this year since it was included into the grand prix series.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Han,

Summer Breeze is hilly course with the two climbs up Queens fr Freedom Pk to just below Selwyn. You should look at the China Grove 5k Main Street Challenge. Its run at 8pm (Fri 6/10). It's an out-and-back and flat. Richard has run this the past two years...and I think last year some people viewed Richard eating his "training meal" in his car on the way up. I was going to run China Grove last year but had a bout of shin splints that shelved me.

Rob

old-runner

Oh yeah, the China Grove Main Street Challenge is one of the best... flat and fast and great food (donuts, pizza, watermelon...) and nice trophies too. I think the race where somebody gave me a hard time for seeing me eating a Big Mac or whatever it was on the way to the race was the Midnight Flight 10k down in Anderson. Then again, if you see me in the car I'm likely to be eating, and usually something bad for me.

The only thing that makes China Grove a little difficult for a good race time is that it's hot out there, but all of the good stuff makes up for it. I remember that Paul ran it last year too. I'm not sure anybody else on here did but you should... I'll be there this year. 

BTW, the race starts at 9:00 p.m. and goes out through the country. Last year they had it lit up a little better than the previous year but it's pretty dark out there.

Richard,

9pm is much better start for me. You can eat a Big Mac 90 min before a race? Was the road that the China Grove race is run on in good shape (no gaping pot holes or ridges in the road where someone like myself could sustain a foot injury)? And where you able to at least see the road surface last year?

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

I've run the China Grove 5k twice.  It's not so dark that you can't see the road in front of you, and it's only dark as you run out of the main downtown area and then back to the city.  Great race.

Paul

nanxin

Great, I have never tried a night race and a race needs more than 10 miles drive, but it sounds like a great one, also they give out Tech Ts. Hmm... I will talk to my wife to check if she and my two little ones can also go, they never attended any of my races since all of them were in early morning.

Scheduled Races:

theyapper

On the road again...

I will talk to my wife to check if she and my two little ones can also go, they never attended any of my races since all of them were in early morning.

Mention the chocolate dipped Krispy Kreme donuts at the end and they'll say yes.

(That is what they offer at the end, right? Richard?)

Paul

old-runner

Mention the chocolate dipped Krispy Kreme donuts at the end and they'll say yes.

(That is what they offer at the end, right? Richard?)

Oh yeah... all kinds of good food after the race, and for the kiddies there's a race for little kids. I might try to bring my 3-year-old grandson to run this year. 

nanxin

This should work. At least it works for me. Smile

Scheduled Races: