fraggle 11.0 mi
    Strick 6.1 mi
    SForrester 5.0 mi
    CliveF  3.0 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

My new training plan for a marathon expected to take me over 4 and half hours, run about an hour everyday, with no long runs. Hating the dawn of summer here in September.

Did anyone run any races over the weekend? And did anyone run the Blue Ridge Relay (Shashi did you run and did you change the name to "Discontented Panda" or did they run another name or barred)?

Shashi, what training plan is this (no long runs? your body undergoes different/signficant changes when you get your long run past 90 minutes that is vital to lay the foundation for a marathon or even a 1/2 marathon)? This sounds like one of those diets where they say "eat all you want" and when you read the fine print they say "after 4 weeks if your not getting results then you can order their laxatives to get the weight off"!)?

Rob

I was kidding when I said I don't plan on doing any long runs, just not getting the time window to run that, what with the kids school starting and furniture shopping etc.  Have got 8 weeks (plus 2 week taper) to cram in as many long runs as I can.  Hope to get those 12-15 milers (2-2.5 hours for me) every week this month and then some longer runs in October, just hope the weather cools off a bit

No did not run BRR this year, had no desire to take on another project which the BRR would be if I was leading the effort.

old-runner

Did anyone run any races over the weekend? 

I did... but I pretty much always run a race on the weekend. Interesting one this week.... I finished sixth overall in the Sunrise Run on the Greenway 10k in Morganton, where the top 14 finishers were 40 or older (and 23 of the first 27).

They've got me listed as 5th overall instead of 6th, but I chased a guy for 5 miles and never did catch him and his results weren't listed.

http://www.leetiming.com/SROG10K2013_OA.htm

They've got me listed as 5th overall instead of 6th, but I chased a guy for 5 miles and never did catch him and his results weren't listed.

Congrats Richard! You were probably chasing a bandit! Are you sure it wasn't Jeremy G. as he is notorious for running as a bandit in many races (and not a low-key bandit).

Gotcha Shashi, and stay off the laxatives this year. So before I let you get off scott free I'm reading your last sentence on your reply and so is it your testimony are you saying that last year you were leading that effort (I hate to say that I never forget anything) since your testimony you said last year that the name/theme of your team along with the reinforcing van decorations (which the team had to remove or risk expulsion) was someone else

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hi, all, I hope everyone's running is going well. I am injured. Took off 8 days and gave it shot yesterday, but it wasn't enough. Still hurts. Seeing the doctor today, maybe I will get a PT or ART referral.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Rob, our captain from last year decided he did not want to run it this year, so unless I could come up with a team, and take care of all the other stuff, I could not have run.  The prior years I joined complete strangers, by signing up the Internet  and decided not to do that anymore.

old-runner

Congrats Richard! You were probably chasing a bandit! Are you sure it wasn't Jeremy G. as he is notorious for running as a bandit in many races (and not a low-key bandit).

It wasn't Jeremy... I know him well. I talked to Jeremy after the OrthoCarolina 10k a couple weeks ago and he was expounding on the reasons why he hardly ever pays to run a race.

The guy ahead of me Saturday wasn't a bandit. He was wearing a race number. Maybe he forgot to wear his chip on his shoe.

Anybody here running the Uptown Throwdown 12-hour Relay sponsored by the Charlotte Running Club on October 5th? We've got a group of Gaston County Runners that are going to run it... just as a casual thing. We wouldn't want to try to get competitive among that bunch but it should be fun.

https://runsignup.com/Race/NC/Charlotte/CRCUptownThrowdown12HourSoloRelay

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I would like to meet this Jeremy someday and smack him silly. Does he think the police holding traffic at every corner come for free? He's a thief. I don't care what kind of legend he has become. If he's within an arm's reach of me, he's getting  it.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

THM, I would pay money to see you smack Jeremy upside his head and try to talk sense to him. Its not only the police but the food at the end, the money to secure a permit, plus the majority of races benefit some charity so. On Sat, when I was reduced to walking (fr injury) and Lynwood ran next to me along the HarrisY trail (so at least I was safe from him trying to run me over again, and we did not see the HarrisY trail flasher), he was relating about some recent race that Jeremy may have actually won but he bandit-ed -- it was difficult to understand what Lynwood was saying though because he was very out of breath as he ran (probably tempo) w/me (while I walked). So perhaps Lynwood could comment?

Richard, how many in your relay (how many 4.5 mi loops do you expect to run that day)? I could see the concrete sections in the park and on the greenway becoming hard on one's feet as the day goes on.

Rob

old-runner

We'll have 6 in our relay group so should run about 3 or 4 loops depending on how fast we are. I'm hoping we get a couple of really slow people so I just have to run three times.

I like Jeremy so I won't bash him, but I agree that if people are going to run they should pay the registration fee. I think sometimes the people putting on the races just kind of look the other way and don't want to cause a big stink about it. There are others though, notably Peter Asciutto at Vac & Dash, who are on the lookout for bandits and he'll call you out in a heartbeat and take you off the course. I don't blame him at all for that. He'll make an announcement right before the race that you better be wearing your number... or else!

I've never seen somebody that walks that fast. I think Rob is a closet race walker, vying for a spot in the Senior Olympics perhaps? Agreed. I am not a fan of race bandits either even if no food or drinks are taken, or even stepping off a course early.