SForrester 19.9 mi
    nanxin 16.6 mi
    aponi 16.1 mi
    fraggle 12 mi
    Tar Heel Mom 10.5 mi

Races and whatnot:

RUNNER DATE RACE DIST LOCATION GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    Lpadg 12DEC2012 12 12 12 Trail Traverse 12.12 mi Crowders Mtn. NC na 2:12:12, he likes to think

This week:            
    ???            

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Good to see goals were met with the racers. Congrats! I hate that I missed out on the great weather this past weekend. I spent time in PA with my boyfriend and it rained the entire time.

Cindy 

Run Long, and Prosper!

Nice job racers/pacer! TWHgal - sorry the weather didn't work out for you. Clive - trying to place the quote in your sig-line. Thinking I remember hearing something similar in Silence of the Lambs. Went to my Dr. yesterday and he sent me home with some steroids hoping it will knock down the inflamation of the patella tendon allowing it to heal quicker. If that doesn't do it, next stop is my orthopedist.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

aponi

never runs the tangents

I moved my training log over here. It has been living on Garmin Connect. I'm really not sure what I'm doing with it yet so instead of trying to figure out how to transfer it over I just uploaded whatever happened to still be on my watch.

Yes I work with computers all day

and yet they vex me

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Nice job racers/pacer! TWHgal - sorry the weather didn't work out for you. Clive - trying to place the quote in your sig-line. Thinking I remember hearing something similar in Silence of the Lambs.

It's a take-off of the Silence of The Lambs line, applied to a healthy-food conversation between a RWOL convert and an RA long-timer.

I hope the steroids help the knee and don't give you any weird side effects!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Run Long, and Prosper!

I think the only side effect of this type of steroid is it lowers my immune system a bit. Don't have to worry about raging, head swelling, or shrinkage down south ;-)

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Good luck getting your knee well Joe.

Not sure if CliveF will give me race credit since I didn't officially declare this. And it wasn't a race timed event. I just finished running the 12 12 12 Trail Traverse starting at Crowders Mtn. It was a 12.12 mile trail run held on 12/12/12. I think I finished around 2:11 or 2:12. It was a nice and laid back event and we got shirts and a medal. Great use of extra vacation days I have to use before the end of the year.

Good luck getting your knee well Joe. Not sure if CliveF will give me race credit since I didn't officially declare this.

I'll allow it.

-- Dick LeBeau

I think the only side effect of this type of steroid is it lowers my immune system a bit. Don't have to worry about raging, head swelling, or shrinkage down south ;-)

Joe, assume your on prednisone (or a similar type of corticosteroid)? How long are you going to be on it (did your get a 5/4/3/2/1 prescription or something where your on it for a longer period of time and then taper off?

Lynwood, how was running those trails in the rain (slippery? puddles? did you run thru creeks?)?

Rob

Rob, It was perfect conditions on Crowder's Mtn. Lots of leaves to disguise rocks but otherwise excellent.  Only a few of the last runners got some light rain near the end of their runs.  No stream crossings other than the bridges, no puddles. Totally dry.   I didn't realize how runnable those trails were actually. 

under a rock

Rob, It was perfect conditions on Crowder's Mtn. Lots of leaves to disguise rocks but otherwise excellent.  Only a few of the last runners got some light rain near the end of their runs.  No stream crossings other than the bridges, no puddles. Totally dry.   I didn't realize how runnable those trails were actually. 

Those trails are very runnable! Crowders Mtn Park and Kings Mtn Park are my favorite places to run. Just a few boulder out croppings or some steep hills that will slow you down. In the rain the trails at Crowders and Kings Mtn Parks are great to run. Once you get used to running at those parks USNWC will be a snore. You should come out for my sunday runs that I do. I've been holding it at either boulders access or kings mtn military park.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Those trails are very runnable! Crowders Mtn Park and Kings Mtn Park are my favorite places to run. Just a few boulder out croppings or some steep hills that will slow you down. In the rain the trails at Crowders and Kings Mtn Parks are great to run. Once you get used to running at those parks USNWC will be a snore. You should come out for my sunday runs that I do. I've been holding it at either boulders access or kings mtn military park.

I run at Kings Mtn a lot.  Sometimes if I want to do pretty good hill work I will wander out towards Crowders Mtn.  Have you ever run the trail that starts at kings mtn and finishes at Crowders.  I can't think of the name of it but it's about 12 m one way.  It's funny, after running at those 2 parks, all the other trails seem easy and very non technical.

Cindy 

Its the Ridgeline trail that runs between the two parks. Most of our runs have been from Boulders access and go to either park and turn around for around 10 miles to King Mtn or 12 miles round trip to Crowders depending upon if we are in the mood for a easy run or a hilly one.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Ridgeline!  That's it.  I started out that trail last summer just to explore and had to turn around.  I always park at the visitors center on the Kings Mtn side.  I need to check out that boulders access.  I could use that for my training long runs this spring.  I live about 20 min from Kings mtn.

Cindy 

under a rock

Here's the info for the run this Sunday. Feel free to join us if you'd like.