Lpadg 20.6 mi
    alholley 18.1 mi
    fraggle 2.0 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    Lpadg 13JUL2013 XTERRA USNWC Trail 5km Charlotte NC  

30:54 (long);

14OA, 1AG

SprinklesRunner 14-17JUL2013 Charlotte Visit na Dilworth-ish NC   ???

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Well, it's been an eventful two weeks for me.  Slightly pulled a thigh/leg adductor (inner thigh muscle); aggravated what had been a very minor soreness/burning right at the pubic bone into a very sore/burning pain right at the pubic bone; got stung in the mouth and spent some time (and money) in the ER.  Yeah ... but the leg and groin seem under control now, so I'm easing back into some mileage.  Nothing strenuous, though.

And I'm soooo digging this heat and humidity!  Doppelbock/Screen-name-1 came up with the Yuck Factor/Misery Index: temperature + dewpoint.  "You will start to feel effects above 130; 140-149 and you finish your run like you swam in a pool; 150-159, it will feel like death is running behind you,  blowing his stank humid breath on you; 160+.... don't even bother."

My last couple runs have had Yuck Factors of 170 and 168. Disapprove

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow - sorry to hear about all that pain.  Made me hurt reading it!

Funny that you mentioned the Misery Index.  I saw that post, too, and have been tracking it lately.  I'd say the descriptions are spot on.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Does Sprinkles Runner (Jen S) still check in here? She had signed up for tonite's Charlotte Runners Wed nite run (in Dilworth) tonite but was a no-show? I ran it, and had a Lynwood sighting.

Want to get input from the group about what they would think about this. I see Lynwood 5.6 miles (my shorts were soaked as if I had jumped in a lake and my new drymax soaks were soaked and moving around in my shoes). But Lynwood is there, about 2.2 miles from where he parked, the dew pt is almost 70, his shorts are bone dry, he is even wearing a shirt that has a very small sweat mark underneath his chin (more like a drool mark). He represents that he ran, but I think someone drove him and dropped him off nearby (and they probably had some food in the car which accounts for the drool mark).  Would anyone toss in their 2 cents?

Rob

Maybe he's wear-testing a shirt made of the new Nike MAX-Dri fabric?

I suspect he did run ... just not that day.

I'd actually planned to drive down, but the severe weather in H'ville had me thinking turn-out would be slim to none.  So I ran local.  And checked out the tree that got struck by lightning.  About 50 feet from my parked car.

-- Dick LeBeau

Yesterday's lightning storm was 'electrifying'.  Was filling up my car at a gas station near fort mill, a nearby strike made the hair on my arm stand up, got in the car real fast and drove away from the metal gas station roof which was the tallest structure around I think.  Not sure if that metal thing was safer or if a direct strike on that has any impact on the gas, anyone know?  The lack of any news of gas stations ever exploding in a lightning storm should have been reassuring, but it wasn't at that time.

I was running easy Rob. Working on running in my Montrail minimalist shoes. Seems to be helping the PF. No clue why I wasn't sweating to be honest.
                theyapper

On the road again...

I started sweating just reading about whether or not Lynwood was sweating. Shocked

Paul

heh.  Well, I sure made up for it last night at the WWC.  I had planned on running 8 maybe. Had to stop around the 5 mile point.  Couldn't take any more.

heh.  Well, I sure made up for it last night at the WWC.  I had planned on running 8 maybe. Had to stop around the 5 mile point.  Couldn't take any more.

So I read (do others read this the same way?) that you stopped at the 5 mile point because someone gave you a ride to the 4.9 mile point and by the time you hit the 5 mile point (running 0.1 miles) you had that signature "drool mark" sweat on your shirt, & couldn't go on to the 8 mile point?

Shashi, will you be joining any of the Charlotte Runners runs now that your a Charlottean? They are all different, some are challenging, they get good participation, social, and its not like people editorialize or memorialize how you do out there (well-- maybe a little on the last point). Lynwood runs the Mon night run in Dilworth and I'm usually at the Booty Loop on Tue and Wed run in Dilworth. Or if you want to be true to your new Ballantyne roots you can stay south of 51 (since those living in Ballantye won't admit to travel north of 51 unless going to the South Pk mall area) by running the Sun long run at McMullen or the exclusive Sub-Urban run on Friday out of Ballantyne (which is an exclusive "sub-group" of the Charlotte Runners)?

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

I hate summer.  Angry

That is all.

Paul

Good reminder on the Sunday long run group, maybe i'll do that tomorrow and will join the city group runs once school starts, right now have baby sitting duties during the week.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I hate summer.  Angry

That is all.

+1,000,000

Actually had not such a terrible run this morning. 9 miles very slow and I didn't feel horrible.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

I hate summer.  Angry

That is all.

+1.  I tried to run at noon today.  Nearly 90*, sunny, dewpoint in the 70s.

WHAT WAS I THINKING???  Shocked

Horrific.  I decided to bail less than four miles into the run.

-- Dick LeBeau