Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 28JAN-03FEB2013 (Read 10 times)

Run Long, and Prosper!

I'll be running Uwharrie this Saturday, sure hope its fast and flat Wink

Spent this past weekend in Williamsburg, VA for an indoor soccer tournament my 9 yo daughter was playing in.  The results were good. Hope you all had a great weekend.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Keep telling yourself that.....

Cindy 

Joe, are you running the 40 miler?  If so I would not wish it to be fast and flat, an Umstead like course with gradual hills would be perfect, but Uwharrie is definitely hillier from what I remember it from years ago.

Run Long, and Prosper!

This will be my 3rd time running the 40 so I know what I'm in for.  The course is far from flat or fast, that was my (poor?) attempt at humor.  The first mile has a 400 foot gain.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Whoops!  Sorry, I didn't see this thread 'til just now (well after I started a clone of it)!

Blush

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Good luck, Joe!  I hope the knee problem quiets down for the duration and let's you do what you want.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau