Lpadg 12.4 mi
    atomno2 6 mi
    SForrester 5 mi
    fraggle 4.2 mi
    alholley 4.1 mi
    theyapper66 2 mi

Last weeks' races, events and moments of significance:

This weeks' races, events and moments of significance:

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Richard -- congrats on the race!

nanxin -- the race draws a pretty decent field for its location.  Last year, 23 were under 60min and top 70 were under 65min.  Even in my 45-49 AG, last year's top 2 were sub-60 -- and that's after they pulled out faster guys for the masters overall places!  The nice thing, though, is that I knew I'd have people around me to either latch onto or race, depending on my state of mind.  I used a younger couple to tow me along, and then a nice young woman sacrificed herself to my competitive drive over the final mile (hehe).

Ross -- having fun in India?

Happyfeet -- tapering for something?

Chaka -- good to see your training log is back.

nanxin -- how do the legs feel now?  Ready for further punishment?

Carolina -- getting back into it?  Is the SF officially behind you?

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

More like stopped caring about logging them, not feeling the love these days with no race on the horizon.  Also was planning to run/walk 25 miles with Trent if he finished his 100 miler.

Don't think I've gone 6 days without a run ever since I took up this stupid sport.

Anyone else wants to do that crazy scream Signed up, not sure if I'll actually run it

Man, just reading that post sucked the motivation out of me.

Perhaps it's time you re-branded?  Maybe "Trail Shashi"?  "All the pain, none of the pavement"?

-- Dick LeBeau

Didn't mean to be a downer, just that Saturday mornings are a no go for me for the foreseeable future, kids and their swim practice.

old-runner

More like stopped caring about logging them, not feeling the love these days with no race on the horizon.  Also was planning to run/walk 25 miles with Trent if he finished his 100 miler.

Don't think I've gone 6 days without a run ever since I took up this stupid sport.

Anyone else wants to do that crazy scream Signed up, not sure if I'll actually run it

I'm planning on running The Scream again this year Shashi. It's fun other than being about 9 miles of dirt road, so don't wear your new white shoes.

Shashi, you need to run some races and get out and run with the GCR some. We've been having a pretty good turnout on the Wednesday run (around 10 or 15 runners). 

Lots of good races close to Gastonia coming up including one on May 5th at Lineberger Park that I guess is replacing the Labor Day 5k.

Stress Fracture is waning. Over weekend progressed to two days running rest one, that first rest day I was in pain (4 on 10 pt scale) but it waned and was able to run that next day. Today pain is a 1/10 and had last PT session.  Now its about regaining the lost fitness and progressing to add more days in a row running. On Sun I progressed to 5 miles straight (yes, its embarrassing to think this was an accomplishment), especially since the final 1/3 of mile felt like a ton of bricks dropped on me. My current fitness is such that every (easy) run seems like a struggle. My plan will be to get back to the group runs on Tue & Wed next week (targeting for next Wed) since (embarrassingly) I should be able to finish 6 miles continuously by next Wed without feeling like I'm falling apart over the final 1/4 mile.

Rob

Dude, when I was coming back from the Achilles last fall, I was ecstatic the first time I ran TWO MILES without stopping/Gallowalking.

It'll come back.  It's already coming back.  (<---- I meant that about you, not me.  But I guess it applies to both of us.)

-- Dick LeBeau

nanxin

nanxin -- how do the legs feel now?  Ready for further punishment?

I am in my 5 weeks after marathon recovery plan, I think I am almost forgot all the pain in the final miles of the marathon. Smile for next 4 months, I will do some base training  and then return to marathon training for my next one, may be the Savannah marathon in Nov.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

If you're still undecided about which marathon ... I'm registered for Anthem (formerly SunTrust) Richmond on 10NOV.

Smile

-- Dick LeBeau

nanxin

Richmond marathon is on my list, my next goal is 10 marathons in 10 different states. Smile

I am in the NYC marathon draw, so I only can decide my fall marathon in May. I have couple of freinds will run with me this time, so it will be a joint decision, not sure yet...   

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)