Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 9/13/2010 (Read 162 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Sounds like lots of good races in the area.  Hope we can meet up at some.

Love fall running.  Went out to 57F and turned my 7 easy miles into 7 pace/progression miles.  Still felt fantastic!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I think I'll try to target the Runway 5K and the Santa Scramble also. 

theyapper

On the road again...

Did 7 this morning and noticed right away that our little sneak peek into fall weather has gone bye-bye.  Funny how much hotter 73F feels when you've had a couple weeks of low 60s.  

Paul

Ran 7 or 8 last night (don't know exact distance), first half easy with a neighbor, the second half a couple of minutes faster, had calf cramps all night.  Feel I am a bit faster since my last race, will have to test it in an actual race. Maybe the Brixx 10K on the 25th.

Did 7 this morning and noticed right away that our little sneak peek into fall weather has gone bye-bye.  Funny how much hotter 73F feels when you've had a couple weeks of low 60s.  

+1 Angry

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

I'll +2 that! Angry

Richard, let me know if you are still up for a long run Sunday morning after that tough Half marathon.  I am Planning at least 16, but have a sore throat, hope it doens't get worse.

old-runner

Richard, let me know if you are still up for a long run Sunday morning after that tough Half marathon.  I am Planning at least 16, but have a sore throat, hope it doens't get worse.

No running for me on Sunday... After today's race I'm thinking about becoming a mall walker. Just kiddin' about that, but it was a tough race (I forgot that Asheville is all hills). I'm going to take a day or two off of running. I managed a 1:43:15, which was 4th of 43 in my age group, so it wasn't terrible. I'm sore as heck though and have some bruised piggies from riding the brakes down some of those steep hills. It felt like my feet were going to come right through the front of my shoes.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good race, Richard.  Anything with hills is a killer for me, too, although I'd be happy with your time on a flat course!  Rest well.

Did 10 miles this morning.  Cutback week for me.

Paul