Lpadg 16 mi
    jdbrown 9.6 mi
    fraggle 4.8 mi
    theyapper66 3 mi
    CarolinaBlue 1.8 mi

Last weeks' races, events and moments of significance:

This weeks' races, events and moments of significance:

• old-runner -- 11MAR2012 -- Sarasota HM (Sarasota FL) -- RESULT = 1:35:15

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Richard,

you should get the people behind the Strides for Seth 5k to team up w/the Mt. Mourne Elf 5k for a "10k race series" since when you add the two races up they would appear to come out to a perfect 10k (the former being too 1/4 mile short, the latter being about 1/4 mile too long)!

Rob

old-runner

Richard,

you should get the people behind the Strides for Seth 5k to team up w/the Mt. Mourne Elf 5k for a "10k race series" since when you add the two races up they would appear to come out to a perfect 10k (the former being too 1/4 mile short, the latter being about 1/4 mile too long)!

I know it Rob... I was talking to a guy at this race who was at the Mt. Mourne race and we both agreed that if it was 3/10 of a mile off we'd rather for it to be short than long. I'm not into the whole cross-country thing anyway so it wouldn't have hurt my feelings if it was even shorter.

Is anybody running the Corporate Cup Half Marathon this weekend? It's a good one. I'm heading to Sarasota, Florida, for the half marathon down there but mainly for the RRCA running coach certification. Hope I don't have to start getting all scientific about this running stuff. 

Richard,

RRCA running coaching certificate? Is there a coaching seminar your also attending in Sarasota or a series of seminars culminating with something in Sarasota? Are you now embarking upon coaching runners/potential runners (now if you are, I'm not sure why you would need to be certified, since in your "program" all one needs is to know basic math, a heart rate monitor and gps watch --> you take 220 and subtract your age to derive your MHR, then strap your HR monitor and set your watch for MHR if a 5k, if a 10k then x% of MRH, if a 1/2 then y% of MHR, and if a marathon then z% of MHR -- what else is there (where's the "secret sauce"?

Rob

old-runner

You're right Rob... you think they'll take that into consideration? There is an outside chance that I'll actually learn something and change all of  my ideas and methods, so I'm going to try not to have any preconceived notions going into it. 

I think the RRCA certification would give me a little more validation. I'll find out how closely I need to stick with a certain way of doing things, but I'm hoping that there's room for the simple approach that I prefer. We'll see.