Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 31DEC2012-06JAN2013 (Read 316 times)

Running:

CarolinaBlue

55 mi

SForrester

52.1 mi

amlinz

52 mi

Lpadg

35.5 mi

old-runner

26.8 mi

Pete.Hu

26.6 mi

CliveF 

20.1 mi

TWHgal

15.7 mi

aponi

12.6 mi

theyapper66 

12.6 mi

Happyfeet

12 mi

Tar Heel Mom

8.5 mi

alholley

8.4 mi

atomno2

6 mi

ChakaKahn

5 mi

fraggle

4.3 mi

nanxin

4 mi

Racing:

RUNNER

DATE

RACE

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Last week:

This week:

old-runner

31DEC2012

Freedom Park NY Ultra

HM

Morganton NC

<1:40

1:38:58

Special Mention:

RUNNER

DATE

RACE

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

This week:

amlinz

05JAN2013

Salem Lakeshore Frosty 50

Winston-Salem NC

na

3:36:07, WIN!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Any (other) New Years Eve/New Years Day racers?

I'm "recovering" from a 4-day non-running streak.  Yuck.  I considered the Winter Flight 8k in Salisbury NC, but I'm doing the Fellowship of The Idiots run instead.  (Missed it last year due to pneumonia.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Finished 2012 today with my 16th half marathon of the year at the Freedom Park Ultra in Morganton. Finished 6th overall at 1:38:58, which was only 3 seconds slower than last year. Glad to be under 1:40 again... I think the vegan diet is working!

Clive Fenster... Too bad the Idiot Run and Winter Flight are on the same day. I haven't run the Idiot Run but I know it's great. Of course, so is Winter Flight.

I hope some of the rest of you will run the Winter Flight so I can jinx you rub some of my good luck off on you.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years!

old-runner - congrats on a great race!

my knee is still giving me problems, went to the Ortho and he thinks its a stress fracture of the tibia; MRI results on Thursday.  Not the way I was planning on me new year starting out.  Going to have to scratch the HM next Saturday and likely the Goofy Challenge the following weekend.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

old-runner

my knee is still giving me problems, went to the Ortho and he thinks its a stress fracture of the tibia; MRI results on Thursday.  Not the way I was planning on me new year starting out.  Going to have to scratch the HM next Saturday and likely the Goofy Challenge the following weekend.

Ouch! Uh, yeah, I'd definitely scratch the HM, and especially the Goofy Challenge.

Hate it when an injury at later stages of a training cycle prevents us from a goal race (I had to scratch Grandfathers in 2011 with an Achilles issue).  No races from me, but have a resolution to run more than I have the past 3-4 months.

Joe -- sorry about the knee.  MRI is a sensitive/specific diagnostic for stress fractures.  Here's hoping you get a clear answer and it's something readily rehabbed.

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I've been in Israel and ran just once there. Back to the real world tomorrow.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

And I was awaken early on the first day of the New Year with my New Year's present -- an Achilles strain (swelling and and pain the size of a Quarter/Half-Dollar on the medial side of left foot).  So lets figure this out -- Joe now finds out his knee may in fact be a stress fracture of the tibia (tibia is non-weight bearing so at least you can walk, possibly cross-train doing elliptical and pool work). And now my issue. This can only be the result of one cause, a post from New Year's eve reinforcing the "jinx powers" of one of our longest serving members in this group (yes, we did "bridge" his time here)! I did not realize how powerful those jinx powers are and that they now work prior to participating in the race itself. Shashi, you were prophetic with your comment your statement "Hate it when an injury at later stages of a training cycle prevents us from a goal race."

Rob

old-runner

Haha... I wish my jinx powers were as great as some people seem to think they are. Bob Nelson has been kicking my butt lately and I haven't been able to jinx him at all. Not sure what the problem is... either I'm slipping or he's cheating by training harder than me.

Evil

Joe, what is the verdict regarding your knee?

Richard, you need to induce Bob Nelson to be part of this group as I believe (and others also believe) that your powers are amplified within our group.

Rob

old-runner

Richard, you need to induce Bob Nelson to be part of this group as I believe (and others also believe) that your powers are amplified within our group.

This is true, but I haven't even been able to get him on Facebook. For some reason most old people are suspicious about computer stuff in general... maybe they know I'm on here!

Anybody running the Joe Davis 5k down in Fort Mill this Saturday? I'm planning on it if I can make it out the door in the cold weather. If we're keeping score, I'll just be happy to crack 22 minutes again.

aponi

never runs the tangents

it was cold out today COLD

I work with Bob, at least until he retires. Maybe I can needle him into coming here.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

old-runner

I work with Bob, at least until he retires. Maybe I can needle him into coming here.

Hey, that's great!  I wish he would come on here but I doubt it.  He told me he was retiring soon but I forget when. I hope he doesn't start training all the time then... I'll never have a chance!

theyapper

On the road again...

Long run in the cold early this morning. I'm still thawing out.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul