Charlotte, NC area runners

Retro-Look @ FEB2014, Ahead to MAR2014 (Read 14 times)

Alright, let's get this merry-go-round spinning again ...

In JAN2014, we ran:

<colgroup><col width="126" /><col width="86" /></colgroup>
    Runner Miles
    amlinz 261.6
    CarolinaBlue 181.0
    Joe in Raleigh 171.3
    SprinklesRunner 127.5
    Happyfeet 119.9
    nanxin 118.5
    old-runner 116.2
    SForrester 110.9
    Tar Heel Mom 110.0
    laurabs24 102.5
    Pete.Hu 74.4
    Lpadg 71.2
    CS_2013Savannah 67.1
    alholley 46.5
    CliveF 29.3
    rossruns 14.7
    fraggle 4.9

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Let me be the first to point out that I have updated my RunningAhead profile pic for the first time in five years.

I told my wife when I lost my job a year and a half ago that I was going on a hunger strike until I got another job.

She thought that was a little drastic and instead suggested that I go on a haircut strike.

Apparently I'm still not working.

I told my wife when I lost my job a year and a half ago that I was going on a hunger strike until I got another job.

She thought that was a little drastic and instead suggested that I go on a haircut strike.

Apparently I'm still not working.

I like your covert retirement strategy.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Isn't is amazing that once you retire you can pull off any look you want.

I was really surprised how out of shape I got recently, tried a 1 mile quickish run yesterday evening, had to bail at 800 m at my 10k-Half marathon pace.  Can run at easy pace for a while, no problem, but there is no second/third gears.  Not looking forward to the pain this weekend.

MTA - Just noticed this, not sure if I could have done something more productive in those 1838 hours if I didn't run.

old-runner

Wow Shashi... I like that 11,111.1.  It must be magic somehow... Maybe it means you'll have a good race this weekend.

Are you parking in the NetApp parking lot and taking a bus to the race site? I'm meeting Sabrina from the GCR there at 3:50 so we can get an early start before the buses get too crowded. You're welcome to come along with us if you want to. Some of the other GCR people are going to be there but they're parking in the reserved lot.

Richard My friend lives across the street, and I'll be staying with him Sat night. We can walk over from there to the start line. If you guys want to sleep in a little can probably park at my friend's place, max of 2 more cars other than mine on his driveway. Let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number.

old-runner

That's great that you're right there at the starting line. I'll just stick with the plan we already had about catching the bus. I talked to Rick Gagnon at our group run this evening and he said he had already talked to you. Anyhoo, we'll see you at the race... Good luck!

old-runner

Nice to see Shashi at the Tobacco Road Half Marathon on Sunday!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

That's a great picture!

Anybody heading to Chapel Hill for the Merge Records 25K? I must be nuts, but I will be running it.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

That's a great picture!

Anybody heading to Chapel Hill for the Merge Records 25K? I must be nuts, but I will be running it.

I'm not running it, but it looks like fun... Good luck!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

It was a nice race but very, very hilly. There were three major hills in the last kilometer. Not to mention the other 42 hills.

Anyway, my time sucked, but it was my first ever 25K: 2:36:37.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

It was a nice race but very, very hilly. There were three major hills in the last kilometer. Not to mention the other 42 hills.

Anyway, my time sucked, but it was my first ever 25K: 2:36:37.

Congratulations on your 25k PR Tar Heel Mom!