Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 30SEP-06OCT 2013 (Read 10 times)

Running:

amlinz 71.9 mi
    Pete.Hu 67.6 mi
    CS_2013Savannah 57.1 mi
    NHLA 55.9 mi
    Joe in Raleigh 52.2 mi
    nanxin 47.8 mi
    theyapper66  44.5 mi
    CarolinaBlue 39.5 mi
    Happyfeet 32.3 mi
    SForrester 31.0 mi
    Lpadg 30.2 mi
    alholley 27.4 mi
    old-runner 26.9 mi
    laurabs24 22.0 mi
    fraggle 9.0 mi
    Tar Heel Mom 4.0 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    na            

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The silence.  My God, the silence!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

We're out running.

But really, I tried again today. It still hurts, but not so much. It will be a tough decision whether to run again tomorrow or not.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

I ran the Uptown Throwdown 12-hour relay that was sponsored by the Charlotte Running Club today. About 10 of us rednecks from Gaston County went over and ran it. Lots of fun but I'm exhausted.

Richard,

Today was a very hot (sunny) day for Oct and a high dew point...and you were running during the heat of the day (must have gotten very hot). How did you do? How long were each of your segments?

Rob

Richard, I wish I could have made that event.  Too many kid activities for me.  My part time job is running LWood's taxi service, as I shuttle kid from event to event.  It's all good though, and I wouldn't miss those opportunities for anything. I was able to hit the WWC trails last Thursday night and it looks like  a bear was in the area.  If not, something big.  I'll just make sure I'm not the slowest runner.  heh

old-runner

Lynwood... Sorry you missed it but you're right about cherishing every moment with the kids while they're still young enough to be dependent on your taxi service. My four kids are in their 30s and 40s now and it seems like it was no time at all since I was yelling at them to shut up in the back seat. I was taking two of my grandkids to the park today and it was like music to my ears as they picked at each other and screamed bloody murder, partly to annoy each other and partly to test my limits. I just smiled inside and appreciated the moment.

Rob... It was hot out there but I'm a warm weather runner anyway. I'll take 80 degrees over 60 degrees any day... that's just how I feel best for some reason. I think I might be the only runner I know who likes hot weather. The relay started in the new Midtown Park over by the Metropolitan on South Kings Drive. We ran up the greenway to Freedom Park and around the lake and back for a round trip of 4 miles. I did it four times during the day and a couple of our team of six ran if five times. That was my first relay race. I was kind of wanting to get a taste of how it might be to run the Blue Ridge Relay in case we get up a team next year. It would be fun but I don't think there's a human being alive who would want to spend two days with me in a van so I'll probably never do it.

By the way... Did anybody see my picture on the front page of the Charlotte Observer this morning?

By the way... Did anybody see my picture on the front page of the Charlotte Observer this morning?

I just looked online but did not see it. Were you "bundled up" running the race from Sat (reading the printed paper is almost akin to writing a letter and mailing it someone). Is there a link to the article btw?

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I get the print version of the Observer every Sunday. OMG, that is you at the bottom of the three pictures of the former students, isn't it? What a horrible thing that happened to you. I read the front page of the story but didn't follow the jump to the interior (I got caught up in the other front page story about Bob Stickler as I know his wife very well). I will take the time to read it now.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

Yup, that was my home away from home during my formative years. Rob, you'll remember we had a discussion about my days as a juvenile delinquent some time ago. As I said on my Facebook page, they didn't send me there for singing too loudly in the Sunday choir, and back in the 1960s it was just the normal way of dealing with incorrigible kids. Here's the main article for anybody who missed it...

Stonewall Jackson Secrets: 'Children Against Monsters'

And this is the much shorter side story where they talked to me...

Richard Hefner: Gastonia man remembers good times, bad times

In the grand scheme of things it ended up being a positive experience for me. I had no discipline and no home life so it was a crash course in learning right from wrong. Being knocked through a wall when you screw up will teach you pretty quickly how to act like you've got some sense.

Smile